Braking and turning in - Trail Braking

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
timbo
timbo

Re: Braking and turning in - Trail Braking

SectorOne wrote:It´s written by Peter Windsor as well so a bit of salt on that please.
More like a handful :)

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Andres125sx wrote:
Erunanethiel wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Exactly, depending on the corner it may be beneficial or not
So which kind of corners is it benefical for and which kind it is not? Sorry I couldnt understand because of my English and there may be other people that couldnt understand too.
Thanks.
On long corners it´s not beneficial. For trail braking you turn to face the inner kerbs sooner to be able to continue with the car straight (almost) and keep the foot on the brake longer (so you can brake later), but when you release the brake pedal and turn, you´re not on the outside, so your line throught the corner need to be thighter. This means you need to turn the wheel a little bit more so your min speed thought the corner is lower. If it´s a short corner and it´s just an moment, and you are on the throttle again, it´s beneficial because of the huge acceleration of F1 cars, but if it´s a long corner where you can´t hit the throttle that soon and need to keep the wheel turned some seconds, then lowering your min speed is not beneficial because you lose more time through the corner than you won braking a bit later

I hope it makes sense, english is not my native langueage either, and I struggle with these technical explanations :?
What your saying does make sense. Basically, a track where trail braking is king is Intergalos, lots of big stops in to small hairpin like corners.

theformula

SectorOne wrote:It´s written by Peter Windsor as well so a bit of salt on that please.
Why's that?
Hamilton's blessed with an ability to make a car do pretty much anything he wants - Mark Hughes

SectorOne

theformula wrote:
Why's that?
Obvious reason´s really. Not to mention what has already been touched upon here.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

theformula

SectorOne wrote:
theformula wrote:
Why's that?
Obvious reason´s really. Not to mention what has already been touched upon here.
Ok but what are the obvious reasons? Not having a go, just curious
Hamilton's blessed with an ability to make a car do pretty much anything he wants - Mark Hughes

SectorOne

theformula wrote:Ok but what are the obvious reasons? Not having a go, just curious
If you take the time and read something yourself you´ll see pretty quickly his opinion is as worth as anyone of ours.
If you want actual opinions with some weight on it, see what Rob Wilson has to say about drivers.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Juzh

SectorOne wrote:
theformula wrote:Ok but what are the obvious reasons? Not having a go, just curious
If you take the time and read something yourself you´ll see pretty quickly his opinion is as worth as anyone of ours.
If you want actual opinions with some weight on it, see what Rob Wilson has to say about drivers.
For once we agree on something sector =D>

raymondu999

Yes. My opinion (and opinions of some others) of his views on driving have been well documented in the driving styles thread.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法