Embarrassment for Hamilton? The Reborn Button...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Embarrassment for Hamilton? The Reborn Button...

Guys, I have a feeling Kimi will lose to Grosjean this year. Who knows if Kimi is back to full speed.. and Grosjean? He now has that "faster, better, stronger" look in his eye. That Chuck Norris look...

He is going to Push Kimi HARD!! :o
Last edited by Giblet on 13 Mar 2012, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title to reflect content of the day.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: Embarrassment for Raikonen? The Reborn Grosjean...

I'm not really sure what can be gained from this thread other than a flame war :/

munudeges
munudeges

Given their track records and what each have achieved in the sport....I fail to see the logic.

beelsebob
beelsebob

munudeges wrote:Given their track records and what each have achieved in the sport....I fail to see the logic.
Yep, a guy who lost his F1 drive because he mostly sucked, is not going to magically be able to beat a WDC in equal equipment.

bhall
bhall

I also fail to see the logic. Raikkonen is one of the most naturally quick/talented drivers F1 has ever seen. It wouldn't surprise me at all if, after only two track sessions in a two-year-old car, he's already back up to full speed.

Were it not for his salary requirements at the time, I believe he'd still be at Ferrari as Alonso's teammate. (Or maybe I'd just really like to see that driver pairing.)

Grosjean, on the other hand, has only shown that he has what it takes to succeed in GP2. While I'm glad to see him get another crack at F1, he didn't do himself any favors with his lackluster performance the first time around, no matter how unfair the circumstances may have been.

Shrieker

It's hard to judge someone who lands in a seat mid season. It was the case with Grosjean, as it was the case last season with Bruno Senna. I think Grosjean will do a lot better this time round, beat Raikkonen on occasion but not on a consistent basis. He might just beat him enough times to retain his seat for 2013 though :wink: We'll likely have 19 races in 2012, I say Raikkonen beats Grosjean 13-6 in qualifying.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

ringo

Well when i said Rosberg was going to open a can of whoopass on the seven time champion, posters were spitting drink all over their keyboards.
F1 is very unpredicatable. I really cannot safely say Kimi will have the upper hand.
Grosjean can beat him, it's not impossible. Or should i say Grosjean can at least have a few better races than him this season.
For Sure!!

scuderiafan

Grosjean CAN beat Raikkonen, but I doubt he will do it consistently. Raikkonen is a very adaptable driver. Just look at what he accomplished in the WRC straight out of F1.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Sisso KavanhaK
Sisso KavanhaK

THIS is what Kimi did with a Ferrari.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvgjhfQLTNk[/youtube]

I think he can handle the pressure.

period.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ringo

He got smoked? :wink:

:lol:
I know he isn't one to be bothered by what others a doing, but lets say he handles the pressure and keeps his head down, but is simply not fit enough to keep up with Grosjean. Similar to how Massa beat him and was on the way to beating him in 2009. Kimi didn't let massa get to him, but Massa was still doing better.
For Sure!!

Giblet
Giblet

http://f1-facts.com/statistics/team-mates/Raikkonen

CP (comparison points):
Qualified better/worse than team-mate(s): +1/-1
Classified better/worse than team-mate(s): +2/-2
Better/slower fastest lap than team-mate(s): +1/-1

He is +107 vs teammates over his F1 career. Unless Grosjean is another Kimi, he will be able to beat Kimi, if Kimi is not what Kimi used to be.

But I sort of doubt it.

@Ringo - I also said that Rosberg would beat MS, and also said it would be silly to count out Button. He looks.... different this time. Committed and hungry instead of annoyed and frustrated.

You can never count out anyone. A couple 10ths a lap is all the difference these days between 1 2 and 3, and that can show up from experience, confidence, patience, or raw speed. Few drivers have all aspects all the time. There are just too many factors outside of the team you are on.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Echo

Useless topic. We can't predict the future, we can only live the present
Rich teams should only be allowed to win

flynfrog

Giblet wrote:http://f1-facts.com/statistics/team-mates/Raikkonen

CP (comparison points):
Qualified better/worse than team-mate(s): +1/-1
Classified better/worse than team-mate(s): +2/-2
Better/slower fastest lap than team-mate(s): +1/-1

He is +107 vs teammates over his F1 career. Unless Grosjean is another Kimi, he will be able to beat Kimi, if Kimi is not what Kimi used to be.

But I sort of doubt it.

@Ringo - I also said that Rosberg would beat MS, and also said it would be silly to count out Button. He looks.... different this time. Committed and hungry instead of annoyed and frustrated.

You can never count out anyone. A couple 10ths a lap is all the difference these days between 1 2 and 3, and that can show up from experience, confidence, patience, or raw speed. Few drivers have all aspects all the time. There are just too many factors outside of the team you are on.
I once listen to a speaker. He talked about in the PGA that if the last placed golfer were allowed to use a 12 inch (do your own metric conversion here) ruler at any time we would win the tournament. I think the same way about f1 drivers. we are looking at really the best of the luckiest here. Give a driver 12 inches he can use any time he wants.... now a good driver finds the 12 inches on his own but thats besides the point.

to throw in my .02 kimi could take on shu on a regular basis Grosjean doesn't really stand a chance.

megz

beelsebob wrote:I'm not really sure what can be gained from this thread other than a flame war :/
Wouldn't be the first time smikle made some baseless comments.

On topic:
I agree with everyone elses sentiments. Kimi is undoubtably fast and hugely adaptable. All we have seen from Grosjean so far in F1 is an attempt in a dog of a Renault at short notice. All we can gather from that is that it's difficult to adapt to F1 from GP2 at such short notice and with very little testing. Kimi is a proven talent and Grosjean isn't yet.

I figure we ought to see Kimi outpace Grosjean but, as said, unpredictability is the only certainty.

lebesset
lebesset

grosjean may have a real advantage in that he has been open wheel racing whilst kimi hasn't sat in one for a couple of years

but I think that pre-sesson testing will be enough for kimi to catch up that gap , and thereafter class will tell

if grosjean was so good it would not have been necessary for Total to buy him a seat
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be