Maldonado sponsorship for Williams

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FW17

Re: Williams FW34 Renault

WilliamsF1 wrote:
xpensive wrote:
Considering that 15-20 years ago, FW was no stranger to fire a newly crowned WDC if he considered him out of line,
I wonder how he feels about being the subject of the well-willing from the likes of Hugo Chavez and his clan?
I would have fired a world champion if I knew there is a better one available for a lower price.
:o $46.5 million a year from Pastor. He must be the most valued pay driver in history.

Last edited by FW17 on 10 Feb 2012, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.

Coefficient
Coefficient

Maldonado sponsorship for Williams

WilliamsF1 wrote:
WilliamsF1 wrote:
xpensive wrote:
Considering that 15-20 years ago, FW was no stranger to fire a newly crowned WDC if he considered him out of line,
I wonder how he feels about being the subject of the well-willing from the likes of Hugo Chavez and his clan?
I would have fired a world champion if I knew there is a better one available for a lower price.
:o $46.5 million a year from Pastor. He must be the most valued pay driver in history.

image redacted

Well if you're a Williams employee this is a betrayal and I hope you get sacked!

Last edited by Giblet on 10 Feb 2012, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

bhall
bhall

Wow, that's definitely not intended for public consumption.

It's strange to me that it's in the form of an invoice. Then again, I've never given any thought at all as to how sponsorship fees are collected. So, there it is, I suppose.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Im ripping those bank account details PRONTO!!! :lol:

Vegas....HERE I COME!
More could have been done.
David Purley

bhall
bhall

That picture might need to come down just from the standpoint of potential liability.

meves
meves

raymondu999

bhallg2k wrote:Wow, that's definitely not intended for public consumption.

It's strange to me that it's in the form of an invoice. Then again, I've never given any thought at all as to how sponsorship fees are collected. So, there it is, I suppose.
I've done sponsorship deals in the past. It can be considered a good or service really.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

pocketmoon

Certain aspects of the Venezuelan government have not been happy with the $$$ being spent by the petroleum company

http://alekboyd.blogspot.com/2011/12/ma ... pdvsa.html

scarbs
scarbs

I'd strongly recommend the image gets taken off that post.

Raptor22
Raptor22

someone is going to find themselves unemployed by this afternoon of that does not come down!
I respect of the fees handed over it could also cause PDVSA to withdraw its sponsorship.

This is not cool :evil:

gridwalker
gridwalker

That image is in the public domain now : you can't put the genie back in the bottle :shock:
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

FrukostScones

Coefficient wrote:........

Well if you're a Williams employee this is a betrayal and I hope you get sacked!
if it is legit it surely came from a Venezuelan source...

WilliamsF1 is a friend from the US I think...
Last edited by FrukostScones on 10 Feb 2012, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

bhall
bhall

gridwalker wrote:That image is in the public domain now : you can't put the genie back in the bottle :shock:
It doesn't always work that way.
Last edited by bhall on 10 Feb 2012, 12:46, edited 1 time in total.

horse

meves wrote:It came from here originally

http://www.lapatilla.com/site/2012/02/0 ... documento/
This is the google translation of the above page:
lapatilla.com wrote:Pastor Maldonado's participation in Formula 1, it costs the government $ 66 million a year, as appears from documents held by the patilla.com

The "Purchase Order" between PDVSA and the British team Williams which allowed the driver Pastor Maldonado renew its participation in the Formula 1 championship is over $ 46 million (29 million pounds) and it adds about 20 million dollars in "per diem" for the pilot and for a foundation that Maldonado own management.

Maldonado's participation has caused controversy in a country burdened by many social and economic problems. The contract with the British firm Williams is in charge of the state oil company PDVSA by order of President Hugo Chavez.

In the last championship, the Venezuelan driver had a gray performance, ranking in block number 19 of 28 pilots getting just 1 point. in the championship final table 2011 that led Sebastian Vettel with 392 points.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Hangaku

Checked it in Photoshop - it appears to be natural.
Yer.