Maldonado sponsorship for Williams

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pierce89

Re: Maldonado sponsorship for Williams

Echo wrote:
bhallg2k wrote:It's possible the redacted information could be an identifier for whoever was intended to receive this, and that individual could be the source of the leak.

And as Williams is a publicly traded company, much of this information is available to anyone who wants to find it....

No, Williams is a LTD a limited company and this means they aren´t public.
LTD shares are sold to family and friends and not public. So if you are a LTD you don´t need to post financial info except from tax collectors etc.

EDIT: some extra spaces so you can see what I wrote
they had an IPO. They are now publicly traded. You can go buy stock ijn Williams Grand Prix Engineering
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

PlatinumZealot

Tomba wrote:It is one thing keeping this thread open, but please guys stay on topic, politics has no place on this website!
Thank you.

I have known many Venezualan's, they are quite fine with their country good side and bad side. People like to talk when they live 3000 miles away. They should go and LIVE in those countries for a few years before making these comments.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Pierce89

n smikle wrote:
Tomba wrote:It is one thing keeping this thread open, but please guys stay on topic, politics has no place on this website!
Thank you.

I have known many Venezualan's, they are quite fine with their country good side and bad side. People like to talk when they live 3000 miles away. They should go and LIVE in those countries for a few years before making these comments.
Maybe this is true, but I currently know more than one Venezuelan that left for their lives, and would kill Chavez with their own hands if given the chance.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

bhall
bhall

Play nice. No one truly knows the hearts of others.

(Damn, what is it with me and cheesy-ass sentimentality lately?)

xpensive
xpensive

To my mind, making yourself dependent on 50 MUSD from a caracter such as Chavez is nothing less than a sell-out.

WB, where are you when you are needed?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

bhall
bhall

Lord. The last thing this conversation needs is to have its subject matter painted in stark black and white when reality is most often varying shades of gray.

(Just teasin' ya, WB. Weigh in.)

Echo

I think this is way off topic, can not we just close the thread.
People talk about Venzuela is being bad, next thing you know somebody say USA is bad etc.

Haters gonna HATE but let the teams do whatever they want to get their money from.
I mean McLaren and Ferrari gets oil from Exxon and Shell and they have caused a lot of damages.
Rich teams should only be allowed to win

agip

xpensive wrote:This is Hugo Chavez;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3Kzbo7tNLg
This is George Bush;

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olQV_asn ... re=related[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJvRUL81 ... re=related[/youtube]

It's so funny to listen someone from USA talking about moral and dictators and all that ---.

You spend [i don't know how many] billions in your army and weapons, but you have people that cannot pay for medical services and die. Where in countries that you say are governed by dictators, they're FREE.

You have Guantanamo.
You think you're the police of the world.
You invade countries just because you tought (or invented a story) that they were making nuclear weapons (that you have).
You supported dictators in the past. Argentina is an example.

bhall
bhall

It was bound to happen sooner or later.

PlatinumZealot

What is wrong with PDVSA sponsering williams? The money is clean folks.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Tozza Mazza

n smikle wrote:What is wrong with PDVSA sponsering williams? The money is clean folks.
Hello?!

It's an oil company!

If you work for PDVSA, you must support Chavez, or you won't work for PDVSA.

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

Is this really that much different to Santander sponsoring Mclaren and then Ferrari on the proviso that Alonso drives there? I mean PDVSA do have their logos prominently displayed on the car. There are many deals done in this fashion.

mrtk56

Trouble is PDVSA are government owned, I think thats iffy if a government company starts wasting money on F1 Sponsorship.

Pup
Pup

How about a team ownership then? Bahrain owns a full 50% of McLaren, I believe - now there's a bit of a dilemma for their fans.

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Reposted the Williams F1 invoice

viewtopic.php?p=307528#p307528