2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 1 - 4 March

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
beelsebob

2012 Testing - Barcelona 2: 1 - 4 March

So, we have less than a week to go, and (hopefully) we should see both the new Marussia and the new HRT unveiled at this test.

RBR and Ferrari are rumoured to have a major upgrade package here; it's unclear if McLaren do, or if they're turning up to the first race with it.

radosav

Re: Third Test – Barcelona, 1st March – 4th March

ferrari and red bull will start their tests one day later, and ferrari will have two filming days, 28. and 29. of this month in barcelona.

Neno

beelsebob wrote:So, we have less than a week to go, and (hopefully) we should see both the new Marussia and the new HRT unveiled at this test.

RBR and Ferrari are rumoured to have a major upgrade package here; it's unclear if McLaren do, or if they're turning up to the first race with it.
also Lotus will have major upgrade. they said that car will look very diffirent from first test in Jerez, then they missed first Barcelona test. I expect some very interesting components on car in this 4 days from them 8)

raymondu999

radosav wrote:ferrari and red bull will start their tests one day later.
And they will end one day later too - worth saying.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FrukostScones

Romain Grosjean ‏ @RGrosjean

Tomorrow direction Barcelona! Back on track with @Lotus_F1Team !!! Last test before first race in Melbourne the 18th of March
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

CHT
CHT

main event for this week will be Lotus. I am hoping they will be the dark horse for this season.

CHT
CHT

radosav wrote:ferrari and red bull will start their tests one day later, and ferrari will have two filming days, 28. and 29. of this month in barcelona.
FIA has rejected both Ferrari and RBR request to test on Fri. They will be joining the rest of the team on Thursday. =D>

Hail22

Barcelona Pre-Season Test 3: 1-4 March.

So one more day until the last pre season test.

Puts your final bets down, speculations, strategies here.

I will start off we will see the 2nd and 3rd variation of the Byrne Floor one (speculating) may have a double floor creating an underside diffuser (main floor with a slightly thinner curved floor creating a tunnel vortex). Finally last testing of exhaust housings, directions.

Mclaren possibly testing a new floor and two new rear wings (Monza variant and possibly a Melbourne, Canada, Malaysia style wing). Nex Exhaust housing.

Mercedes: possibly a new front wing? new exhaust housing?

Come on guys, put your bets down its exactly 1 day 5 hours and 33 minutes.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Pierce89

Re: Barcelona Pre-Season Test 3: 1-4 March.

Im'm not expecting Merc to bring a new front wing seeing as how they just debuted a new one. Also, I can't see a Monza wing being tested at Barca.

What I do expect though, is a competitive Ferrari. [-o<
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 29 Feb 2012, 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed quoted op. =p
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Mr.G

Pierce89 wrote:What I do expect though, is a competitive Ferrari. [-o<
+1
This exactly ;)
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

CHT
CHT

Anybody know what is the test plan for this week?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: Third Test – Barcelona, 1 - 4 March

Cant be sure of this, but there where reports that Red Bull suffered alot on days 3 and 4 of the last test.

This coincided with Mercedes tipping off the FIA of a potential loophole regarding the off throttle blowing.
It will be very interesting to hear Red Bulls exhaust note in the slower corners, and also to see if if the cars attitude changes in this area.
More could have been done.
David Purley

blokkie

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Cant be sure of this, but there where reports that Red Bull suffered alot on days 3 and 4 of the last test.
Suffered alot from what ?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

blokkie wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Cant be sure of this, but there where reports that Red Bull suffered alot on days 3 and 4 of the last test.

Degradation on longer runs. Suffered alot more than their normal metronomic degradation.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Hail22

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
blokkie wrote:

Degradation on longer runs. Suffered alot more than their normal metronomic degradation.
Made a similar observation, I hope it is the case hehe :P jk...or not.

But its a shame Marussia's car will not be ready for the last test, would of been nice to see the car at Barca...oh well I will take some spy shots at Melbourne on Wednesday/Thursday for you chaps.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve