Scuderia Ferrari 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
stefan_

Scuderia Ferrari 2012

As a Ferrari fan I am since I was 7, I have mixed feelings about what is happening. On one hand I don't give a damn about testing but I can't help myself thinking they don't look very good, and on the other hand I would like to see them more on the track and less tweeting about technical problems.

Bottom line is that I think there are two options:
1. They know what they are doing and they let it look like things aren't going too well.
2. They have no clue about what they have built.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Cuky

Re: Ferrari F2012

@stefan_

I am on this with you. I hope, I really hope that they are doing what McLaren did in late 90's and early 00's and that is driving with lots of fuel in testing and than when race weekend comes they are suddenly in top two if not on top.

Forza Ferrari

Maynard G. Krebs wrote:Everybody definitely seems to be heating up the suspension parts- whether intended or not. I would think this would alter the flexibility of the parts. That would make it really hard to predict behavior.
Maybe that's part of the "extreme solutions" carried on F2012. and probably the reason why the shakedown of this car has taken so much time.

From the statement the team issued this evening on it's website, the shakedown is already finished, and we'll start another part of the development programm, starting from tomorrow, until march,5th.

Pierce89

FORZA FERRARI wrote:
Maynard G. Krebs wrote:Everybody definitely seems to be heating up the suspension parts- whether intended or not. I would think this would alter the flexibility of the parts. That would make it really hard to predict behavior.
Maybe that's part of the "extreme solutions" carried on F2012. and probably the reason why the shakedown of this car has taken so much time.

From the statement the team issued this evening on it's website, the shakedown is already finished, and we'll start another part of the development programm, starting from tomorrow, until march,5th.
Yes, and over on Autosport, Felipe says he can now see the light at the end of the tunel.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

PlatinumZealot

The doo doo tunnel? jajaja
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

tjaeger

They still might be trying to find their feed. Think however they do a lot of sandbagging.
You cannot engineer out stupidity.

timbo

Pierce89 wrote: Yes, and over on Autosport, Felipe says he can now see the light at the end of the tunel.
He said he always run on hardest tyres. Not a bad times from him in that context.

banibhusan

I hope they don't take the whole season to reach to the end of the tunnel.. :wink:

Crabbia

yep will be interesting to see them do a race sim all together. from there we will have a better picture of their relative strengths.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Redragon

With article from BBC I am even more confident now about this Ferrari

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewbenson ... _in_a.html

CHT
CHT

Redragon wrote:With article from BBC I am even more confident now about this Ferrari

Last year this time, F150 was a top dog.

Redragon

CHT wrote:
Redragon wrote:With article from BBC I am even more confident now about this Ferrari

Last year this time, F150 was a top dog.
I know but this year it is not on the general eye but if you read the article carefully it doesn't say it is a top dog but suggests it is up on the game

PlatinumZealot

Why are all these innovations on the car not working? Did Pat Fry Bite off more than he can chew?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Hail22

n smikle wrote:Why are all these innovations on the car not working? Did Pat Fry Bite off more than he can chew?

Lets wait til next Friday, Ferrari and Red Bull apparently asked for it a day earlier due to new parts arriving/time to produce more parts to prepare for Melbourne...lets see what happens I fear Ferrari and Mclaren learned from last year when talking overly confident during press conferences then when push came to shove they were lemons.

So Melbourne it is ;)

Edit: Scuderia Ferrari ‏ @InsideFerrari

A hundred reasons for a first smile bit.ly/xNtV5T

I wonder what all the excitement is all about...
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Rikhart

FrukostScones wrote:quote from AMuS print edition:
Adrian Newey: "The only reason to do it like this (pull rod front suspension) is to make it differently."
That´s basically what most are saying, and frankly it seems something domenicalli would do. This team needs to ditch that guy.