2012 Australian GP predictions

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Hail22

Re: Australian GP predictions

beelsebob wrote:
Hail22 wrote:I won't make a prediction until after FP2 on Friday ;)
Cheat!
Even more so i will be doing a pit walk Thursday and Friday :P

Don't worry i will try to take some videos/happy snaps for you...

Will make a mobile update of my predictions trackside post FP2.

Rumour of RBR style exhaust with curve/fin for Ferrari wait til i see a post from the FIA of another crash test.

"Formula1_com : #F1 It has also been reported that The updated Ferrari will have a completed different sidepod design"
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Ferraripilot

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:You really dont like Red Bull do you Ferraripilot? :lol:

I really like Vettel and Webber, I really really do, but I believe minus a majorly dominant car we will see very different results this year from drivers who are real bloody knuckled fighters with big top end speed capability. I believe DRS will play a bigger role now that cars are slower to get back on the throttle out of slower corners, which is what of course Red Bull exploited to no end the past couple years in one form or another. Schumacher is just too much of a steadfast fighter as is Hamilton to not fully take advantage of what they have going for them this year. They would rather crash out than not go for a gap, and go for gaps they will.

raymondu999

Two blimming DRS zones.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

simieski
simieski

Well for a slightly different prediction.. in a dream I had last night.. at some point in the race the order was vettel, hamilton, button, alonso. Hamilton, frustrated at being close but not being able to pass vettel and with button now right on his back, goes for a silly half chance move on vettel. Resulting in hamilton losing his front right and rear right wheels, while flipping vettel leaving him trapped upside down in the car. I think ultimately it was button or webber who went on to win...
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

Paul

I read it "while flipping Vettel off"- now that would be one nice manoeuvre. :mrgreen:

Hail22

Paul wrote:I read it "while flipping Vettel off"- now that would be one nice manoeuvre. :mrgreen:
I have noticed among the consensus not a lot of people like Vettel which makes me smile, that finger jousting is beyond annoying.

Hopefully Schumacher and Rosberg will cruise past him giving him the one finger salute.

xD
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

PlatinumZealot

Vettel might be shocked to know his car is not the fastest anymore. Would like to see how he battles Schumacher.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Quali:

VET

HAM

WEB

ALO

ROS

BUT

SCHU

RAI

radosav
radosav

i can't wait to see how will red bull behave without EBD

nipo
nipo

That post about Massa finding Hamilton on his GPS really made my day. :lol: :lol:

That's what I call a "prediction"!!! =D> =D>

raymondu999

Hail22 wrote:that finger jousting is beyond annoying.
I don't pay much attention to it personally - but those who do will have seen something...

everybody does it when they win a race - except maybe Webber. He does it; but not always. I don't really remember the last time anyone didn't do it.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

raymondu999

He's actually only said the "that's what I'm talking about" 3 or 4 times - out of his 30-odd poles and 21 wins. That's 7.8%... hardly represents the majority.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssi3Qyimbss[/youtube]

Hmmmm I like this video, all because its a true tale between puppets and its masters.

Anyways on topic.

Going to place predictions Friday afternoon and after i take a look through pitlane at the cars and possibly revisions.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

Again - he's not the only one that does that. Hill in Spa 98 - Alonso in Hockenheim 2010 wasn't very different either - Hamilton in Turkey 2010 - Webber in Turkey 2009 and 2010. What's new? That's not even new in life.

Life's not fair - if you can take an advantage over the other guy; why not?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

raymondu999 wrote:Again - he's not the only one that does that. Hill in Spa 98 - Alonso in Hockenheim 2010 wasn't very different either - Hamilton in Turkey 2010 - Webber in Turkey 2009 and 2010. What's new? That's not even new in life.

Life's not fair - if you can take an advantage over the other guy; why not?
Exactly so why not allow the "faster" car through, Hill was Faster, Alonso was faster, Gee hmmm? Hamilton was Faster, guess what so was Webber...He had far greater pace but the golden child didn't want to move regardless of being slow?

Hypocrit?

So...in essence he really is "The only one" who has sooked about being overtaken by a team mate who is clearly faster where as the others moved offline instead of having the team principle telling the faster team car "Maintain the gap" (even though he was faster)., if it was the other way around they would of told Webber to move to the side.

Don't wear your Vettel glasses when driving you may hit a pedestrian and say it was a ripple strip/kerb.

Gilles Villeneuve