F1 Live Timing Problem

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
MGPW03
MGPW03

F1 Live Timing Problem

On my computer, f1 live timing appears to be glitchy. I tried it in IE, Mozilla and Opera and also I updated the JRE but nothing seems to work. Is anyone else having the problem or is it unique to me. :cry:

Plz could someone suggest something to solve the problem. I am running Firefox 11.0 and 2 versions of JRE 7 for x86 and x64. My OS is win7 64-bit.

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

Re: F1 Live Timing Problem

its glitchy mate, my real problem is with the mobile live timing app, use to get the info free last year now they want 20 pounds for the app, which is only good for this season.

Mr. E is a cheeky lil c**t
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

Ratatouille
Ratatouille

Don't bother changing browsers or Java version, its the shitty app. from F1's site.

THe same happened to me.

They have no shame by the way, charging for crappy content.

Mysticf1
Mysticf1

with a bit of googling, the android app can be found for free

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

there is a free version, which is a demo of the pay version, thats the f1 official timing app, of course there are plenty of unofficial apps to be found aswell
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

CHT
CHT

Robbobnob wrote:there is a free version, which is a demo of the pay version, thats the f1 official timing app, of course there are plenty of unofficial apps to be found aswell
The apps look damn bloody good.

US$28.99 a season. US$1.45 per race weekend.

Just get it.

WhiteBlue

Live timing worked in FP1 for me. Now in FP2 I'm getting Key server error and no data.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

CHT
CHT

WhiteBlue wrote:Live timing worked in FP1 for me. Now in FP2 I'm getting Key server error and no data.

I had the same problem. But when I tried with the mobile app, everything was fine.

The new apps is really awesome. worth a try.

raymondu999

Did they discontinue the simpler, live timing-only app?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

lucanalin
lucanalin

raymondu999 wrote:Did they discontinue the simpler, live timing-only app?
Unfortunately they have discontinued the free live timing application on Android and iOS. :?

raymondu999

Re: F1 Live Timing Proble

For BlackBerry too it seems
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

NathanOlder

Mysticf1 wrote:with a bit of googling, the android app can be found for free
Yeah ? iv searched google for free f1 2012 app for android, but most things are coming up for 2011.

Can you point me (us) in the right direction please :D
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

siskue2005

There isn't any free live timing app for ios or android
Got the iPad app for 28.99$
It's much better this year
You can see the tyre a driver is using

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

The F1.com timing was glitch as hell last night on my macbook. However, i got the F1 timing app for my iPhone, £19.99, at £1 a race i think is great value, and i will be using it alot.

Last year the first race was glitchy, as they usually need to iron out all the little software update problems they usually do closed season.

CHT
CHT

ESPImperium wrote:The F1.com timing was glitch as hell last night on my macbook. However, i got the F1 timing app for my iPhone, £19.99, at £1 a race i think is great value, and i will be using it alot.

Last year the first race was glitchy, as they usually need to iron out all the little software update problems they usually do closed season.
just realized that you can actually reload the entire FP2 session on your app and watch it all over again.