Pastor Maldonado

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Pastor Maldonado

Guy has impressed me this year so far, he has come back the bit between his teeth, and has impressed with his performances in qualifying this year. Felt bad for him in Australia he didn't even seem to make much of a mistake.

With all the negative criticism he gets I now find myself rooting for him at every race, quite like the guy.

zoro_f1

Re: Pastor Maldonado

he makes a lot of mistakes :!:
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

Giblet
Giblet

Poor guy. What a thing to have happen twice like that. Even if the first one was his fault, it was an honest mistake.

Really feel for him.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

stefan_
stefan_

I can't help myself - even the car doesn't want Malder to get a good result :lol:
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Guy can't get a break lol

Nando
Nando

He has shown this year that he is fearless. Hunting Alonso in the first race was a sight to behold.

To bad he missed out on a point this time. He was hunting Hulk and Vergne as well.

PlatinumZealot

The Maldonated one looks to be turning out to be on the top guns in f1. Very impressive victory for his second year in F1. Quite a good combination; a smart driver and good money to develop the car to what it is today.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

wesley123
wesley123

Sorry but no, he won one time and now he suddenly is a god or something? He won one time, let him show some more good performances and then we can call him good.

On the friday in Barcelona he still was the guy that bought his seat, now he suddenly is world championship material?

Lets talk about Rosberg...
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

beelsebob
beelsebob

JimClarkFan wrote:Guy has impressed me this year so far, he has come back the bit between his teeth, and has impressed with his performances in qualifying this year. Felt bad for him in Australia he didn't even seem to make much of a mistake.

With all the negative criticism he gets I now find myself rooting for him at every race, quite like the guy.
I certainly didn't feel sorry for him in aus after he punted gresjean off.

Red Schneider
Red Schneider

I agree with Wesley. I mean jeez, in the space of 24 hours people now think the Williams/Maldonado combination is like Hill/Williams in '96. He's won one race in a season that is becoming notorious for lottery races.

What I will say is that this puts some pressure on Bruno. Fighting drives to 6th place don't exactly cut it anymore.

xpensive
xpensive

When I consider that drivers like Chris Amon and Stefan Johansson never won a race, Keke won only a handful while it took his son six seasons to win one, Maldonado's "win" is outright embarrassing.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Nando
Nando

beelsebob wrote:I certainly didn't feel sorry for him in aus after he punted gresjean off.
Grosjean should have given that one up. He was looking for a space that never existed for him.

Kimi realized this in China and backed out. Like any smart driver would.
It wasn´t the first time Grosjean has been too "on it" in the beginning of a race.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Nando
Nando

wesley123 wrote:Sorry but no, he won one time and now he suddenly is a god or something? He won one time, let him show some more good performances and then we can call him good.

On the friday in Barcelona he still was the guy that bought his seat, now he suddenly is world championship material?

Lets talk about Rosberg...
Although not everyone thought he was "just" a pay driver.

Sure he had sponsors that helped him into F1 but the same goes for Vettel, Hamilton, and even the great Schumacher.
Mercedes paid Jordan $150.000 to land Schumacher a seat for example.

Maldonado is also the most succesful GP2 driver in the history of the series.

He´s also a GP2 world champion and won it with a team that had never won it before.

Former GP2 champions,

Rosberg
Hamilton
Pantano
Hulkenberg
Grosjean

And yet he was never "worthy" of being in Formula 1. He just showed everyone you had been wrong all along.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

beelsebob
beelsebob

Nando wrote:And yet he was never "worthy" of being in Formula 1. He just showed everyone you had been wrong all along.
Did he? Who's to say that any one of those other drivers in his position would not have managed a much more dominant win? What he's shown this season is that he's volatile but that he has talent. Winning this race does not suddenly elevate him to the level of Nando or Hamilton.

stefan_
stefan_

Nando wrote:
beelsebob wrote:I certainly didn't feel sorry for him in aus after he punted gresjean off.
Grosjean should have given that one up. He was looking for a space that never existed for him.

Kimi realized this in China and backed out. Like any smart driver would.
It wasn´t the first time Grosjean has been too "on it" in the beginning of a race.
I don't agree with that. The incident with Grosjean is 100% on Maldonado.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985