Liveries and aesthetic exercises

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FW17

Liveries and aesthetic exercises

MIKEY_!

Re: Sauber C31 Ferrari

Looks last years car with a new (awesome)paint job. Note the high nose and higher sidepods both front and rear.

raymondu999

It's a photoshop by a fan. Nothing more, nothing less.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Huntresa

Its a photoshop from a fan who has removed the bump on the nose and added mclaren style nose. Added short FW and wide and low RW.

wesley123

It is a photoshop done on the C30, no short front wing or 2008 style rear wing here
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Huntresa

You are right he only did it on the Ferrari F2012, it is however this years C31 but without stepped nose, but RW is same and prob FW but hard to see from here since its from the side.

But here is the Ferrari with RW and FW + no step.

Lycoming

black paint is probably not the smartest idea, at least not if its to be used so liberally. I know black airplanes are rare in the civil aviation industry because of heating issues, and also because for some reason, black paint is heavier. And don't neglect the mass of paint; even formula student cars can have kilograms of weight in paint alone.

Fun fact: Boeing's paint hangar offers 47 different shades of white. sort of makes up for the difficulty of using black.

Joie de vivre

MIKEY_! wrote:Looks last years car with a new (awesome)paint job. Note the high nose and higher sidepods both front and rear.
no, it is not higher, just doesn't have stepped nose

ESPImperium

Huntresa wrote:You are right he only did it on the Ferrari F2012, it is however this years C31 but without stepped nose, but RW is same and prob FW but hard to see from here since its from the side.

But here is the Ferrari with RW and FW + no step.

God that looks ugly, the broken nose actually makes it look good!

Huntresa

MIKEY_! wrote:So we have established that the dark colored sauber is not the C31... time to move on.
Here is the C31 pic he has used and then changed.

Shouldnt even have to link that pic tbh, since you can see the exhaust on the sidepod of the dark c31!!!!

And then at the back not having part of the body covering stuff up at the back before the swan neck they have this year.

And then the carbon fibre squares near the floor on the sidepod

Want more example?
Last edited by Giblet on 02 Apr 2012, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comment

Websta

Re: Liveries and aesthetic exercises

That grey/blue Sauber livery doesn't look any better than the current one.

raymondu999

It's a matter of taste I guess. I love super-contrasting colors as such, and I'm digging the blue-on-black thing they have going on in the shop job
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FW17

The Ferrari Livery I posted in the Ferrari thread was awesome too, Don’t know where the mods moved it.

elFranZ

WilliamsF1 wrote:The Ferrari Livery I posted in the Ferrari thread was awesome too, Don’t know where the mods moved it.
still reminding that RW and those black details, just an AWESOME job, nothing more to say.

raymondu999

I liked the Sauber one but not the Ferrari one - but again. It's a matter of personal preference.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法