Is Flavio Briatore coming back?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Echo

Is Flavio Briatore coming back?

As the title says, will Flavio come back and lead the Ferrari Team? I think it´s time for Dominicalli to step down and let the experienced take over Ferrari again. Also how is the relationship between Dominicalli and Di Montzi?
Rich teams should only be allowed to win

elFranZ

Re: Is Flavio Briatore coming back?

Echo wrote:As the title says, will Flavio come back and lead the Ferrari Team? I think it´s time for Dominicalli to step down and let the experienced take over Ferrari again. Also how is the relationship between Dominicalli and Di Montzi?
No, really, it's a joke, isn't it?

xpensive
xpensive

elFranZ wrote:
Echo wrote:As the title says, will Flavio come back and lead the Ferrari Team? I think it´s time for Dominicalli to step down and let the experienced take over Ferrari again. Also how is the relationship between Dominicalli and Di Montzi?
No, really, it's a joke, isn't it?
Not so sure, I have heard runours that MS has requested to have Flavio Briatore taking Ross Brawn's position within Mercedes, which might xplain the latter's "medical condition"?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

blokkie
blokkie

Flavio Briatore banned for life ...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Flavio+Briatore+banned+for+life

so I call BS ... until 2013 :)

Aparently banned for life means until 2013 by the FIA

zyphro
zyphro

Lol, no chance.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Yeah I think for sure Flavio will be back. There was an OmniCorse interview with him a month or so back where he said he would surely come back. I can't remember the exact role he cited, but it wasn't team principal. But he did say he wouldn't mind coming back.

http://www.omnicorse.it/magazine/15999/ ... 3%B9-umana

Edit: Maybe it wasn't in this interview. I think instead it was an interview with RAI. Either way he said he would come back.
Last edited by Crucial_Xtreme on 14 May 2012, 18:41, edited 1 time in total.

bhall
bhall

I don't want Flabio anywhere near Ferrari.

xpensive
xpensive

bhallg2k wrote:I don't want Flabio anywhere near Ferrari.
Be nice b2k, how would you like Cesare Fiorio or Andrea Sasetti for team principal?

bhall
bhall

I'd be willing to bet - easy, WB - that a large portion of F1 followers think Ferrari is somehow cheating the very moment their haulers pull up to the circuit. The last thing the team needs is someone who would find a way to turn that fallacy into reality.

xpensive
xpensive

First of all, Briatore was innocent, a victim of MrM's vengeance for having the audacity to end MS' WDC winning streak in 2005.

Secondly, one driver sacrificing his race for a teammate is nothing new, perhaps not that spectacular but anyway.

alelanza
alelanza

xpensive wrote:First of all, Briatore was innocent...
Innocent of making good calls? :)
Alejandro L.

zyphro
zyphro

xpensive wrote:First of all, Briatore was innocent, a victim of MrM's vengeance for having the audacity to end MS' WDC winning streak in 2005.

Secondly, one driver sacrificing his race for a teammate is nothing new, perhaps not that spectacular but anyway.
Did I really read that? :wtf: :shock:

Pierce89

xpensive wrote:First of all, Briatore was innocent, a victim of MrM's vengeance for having the audacity to end MS' WDC winning streak in 2005.

The Piquet's are quite slimy. I liked the story Flavio told about the "male friend" Nelson Sr. insist Flavio keep away from Nelson Jr.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

xpensive
xpensive

Pierce89 wrote: ...
The Piquet's are quite slimy.
Remember that Nelson Sr once managed to sell MrE a fake Rolex on the horsestory that he was broke, not a bad feat that?

dren

Is he really making a comeback?

[img]http://fakebernie.files.wordpress.com/2 ... er.jpg[img]
Last edited by mx_tifoso on 14 May 2012, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: disabled img tags.
Honda!