F1 2011 iPad game

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
joeyg02

F1 2011 iPad game

Has anyone else played this game? It's made by Codemasters (just like the Xbox and PS3 games). I find the graphics great and all of the race modes and features are wonderful. You actually steer with the ipad itself but its WAAAYYY to sensitive. I've turned the steering sensitivity down in the options but it's still way too sensitive for my liking. Just wondering if any of you have played the game on the iPad? And what did you think about it?
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

Joey Griffin - Owner - JG GraphX.
Lifelong Motorsport Fan from Southern Georgia, United States.

mzivtins
mzivtins

Re: F1 2011 iPad game

I havent played it but could imagine the whole 'rotating screen to turn' thing being a pain in the ass, on other games you just lose any sense of direction from teh game because the device is turning infront of your eyes... imagine going round on the xbox version when you tv is on the piss :lol:

what would be good would be a massive f1 manager game... on the ipad that would be amazing, slow paced so you can just play at work, strategies etc... awesome

KWashburn
KWashburn

I have it on my iPhone and have found the steering to be rather difficult. Even turning the sensitivity down doesn't seem to help. You can run through the options and have different setup for the controls, even having the steering wheel available on the screen, but that doesn't really seem to help either.

But it keeps my son occupied for long periods of time, so I give it an A+.

Pup
Pup

Loading it now. For a dollar, it would be tough to complain. I'll see how well it works with AirPlay.

Pup
Pup

I found it works better with more steering sensitivity, but a very gentle hand. Took me about 4 laps though to get so I could stay on track - obviously I'm not much of a gamer. Seems fine for a dollar, but I probably won't waste much time on it. The graphics aren't Retina, so it looks crap via AirPlay. Plus it only works with full mirroring and is a bit too jittery to really play that way.

I give it a 6/10 for value.

CoreVelocity
CoreVelocity

mzivtins wrote: what would be good would be a massive f1 manager game... on the ipad that would be amazing, slow paced so you can just play at work, strategies etc... awesome
Working on it :wink: stay tuned tell your friends. Trying to get it out on android / iOS keep your eyes peeled in about 6 - 8 month time and tell your friends :)

EDIT: made this just for you so you can keep an eye on it, one happy customer makes it worth while :)
http://Www.facebook.com/GPTeamBoss

joeyg02

https://www.f1onlinethegame.com/ <-- Check that out. Say you can be team boss manager or something as far as I can understand.
Drafting & Design Engineer - I crave information & live in a never ending quest for answers to whatever piques my curiosity.

CoreVelocity
CoreVelocity

joeyg02 wrote:https://www.f1onlinethegame.com/ <-- Check that out. Say you can be team boss manager or something as far as I can understand.
I was in the beta, it's ok typical f2p style game, and you drive as well though. Mine will be a bit more in depth on the manager side.

joeyg02

CoreVelocity wrote:
joeyg02 wrote:https://www.f1onlinethegame.com/ <-- Check that out. Say you can be team boss manager or something as far as I can understand.
I was in the beta, it's ok typical f2p style game, and you drive as well though. Mine will be a bit more in depth on the manager side.

Yeah I posted that link before I tried out the game. I was just going off of what it said, and yeah you do SOMEWHAT manage the car, it's nothing like being a GP team boss and dealing with different department.