Maldonado's demo run cut short by crash

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy
astracrazy

Re: Maldonado's demo run cut short by crash

perhaps not yet. But there is concern there. He is getting worse. It only takes an idiotic accident from him where the tyres meet and we have another Webber-Valencia or Ide with #### in Imola. A car flips and it then becomes dangerous.

We have got 2 very quick tracks up next. Speed makes accidents bigger.

+ some of the other drivers feel his dangerous, which isn't right.

zyphro
zyphro

astracrazy wrote:
I've only heard one driver come forward and state this (Perez). Perez can't talk himself mind you, he's pulled off one or two questionable manoeuvres in the past.

thearmofbarlow
thearmofbarlow

zyphro wrote:
astracrazy wrote:
I've only heard one driver come forward and state this (Perez). Perez can't talk himself mind you, he's pulled off one or two questionable manoeuvres in the past.
There's a difference between "one or two questionable maneuvers" (Schumacher has a couple of those... all drivers do) and what Maldonado has demonstrated this year.

astracrazy
astracrazy

Im sure Hamilton has been quoted saying along those lines after spa....i might be wrong. But then he's crashed into both of them more than once so they would say it (rightly so i guess). I'd love to be in the driver briefings to see what is said...

zyphro
zyphro

thearmofbarlow wrote:
zyphro wrote:
astracrazy wrote:
There's a difference between "one or two questionable maneuvers" (Schumacher has a couple of those... all drivers do) and what Maldonado has demonstrated this year.
And your point is what? My point is, Perez shouldn't go around throwing accusations, as if he is clean himself; which he is not.

Richard
Richard

Since all drivers have had some sort of problem in there career then that would mean none of them can ever comment?

An alternative point of view is that divers have far more experience than anyone else and probably among the best to comment on what is an acceptable error versus being reckless.

Obviously those who get hit will be angry, but experienced drivers without personal involvement are a good barometer of acceptable behaviour. They've been there and done it. They know what it is all about more than anyone on this forums.

spacer
spacer

I seem to recall Perez was stating Maldonado's behaviour had been a topic in one of the drivers' meetings (if my memory serves me right). Now if that's the case, it doesn't really matter wheather or not Perez is a crash-happy kid himself now does it?

Actually, even if Luca Badoer of all people would step up and claim Maldo is a loose projectile waiting to cause some serious damage, I'd still agree with the guy.

thearmofbarlow
thearmofbarlow

zyphro wrote: And your point is what? My point is, Perez shouldn't go around throwing accusations, as if he is clean himself; which he is not.
:roll:

Yeah, let's nobody comment negatively because we all --- up, right?

No.

It doesn't work like that. Life doesn't work like that. Racing ESPECIALLY doesn't work like that. Maldonado has a VERY long history of incredibly questionable behavior dating back to ALMOST KILLING SOMEONE through his idiocy.

I guarantee you that if this man did not have a significant chunk of his team's budget in his back pocket he would NOT be in a car right now. There's a significant difference between overexuberance (Kobayashi, Hamilton at times) and DELIBERATELY CRASHING INTO PEOPLE. Multiple times. Over a span of years. Did I mention ALMOST KILLING SOMEONE? Let me mention that again... Lifetime ban (money talks, especially in Monaco) for ALMOST KILLING SOMEONE.

And you want to shut Sergio Perez up because... why? Oh, because he might have run into someone while going around a corner. Please.

stefan_
stefan_

Opa, opa Maldonadooo.... :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-bblaS_TA[/youtube]

I think this is where he got the inspiration to slam Perez in Monaco.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

netoperek
netoperek

QLDriver wrote:
GrizzleBoy wrote:For every crash a driver survives, the probability of the next one being fatal rises just a little more.
Sorry - but I can't pass that one - statistics and probability don't work that way. Just because I toss a head, doesn't make a tail more likely the next time around. The more someone crashes, the more likely that a serious crash is within a given time frame (e.g. a season or a career).

Not that I disagree with the sentiment about him being dangerous, but dealing with statistics all the time does this to you!
Actually, if You assume it's let's say Bernoulli trial with "success" being fatal accident, having some constant probability, then every time he crashes, failing to kill anyone, makes casualities more probable every time.
Sorry, just couldn't resist ;)

JAllen
JAllen

IMO (note opinion!) Maldonado has made many errors, but his swipes at Hamilton last year and Perez this year are minor when compared to what Schumacher (with Hill, Villeneuve & Barrichello) and Senna (Prost Suzuka 1990) were capable of carrying out. Both of Maldonado's malicious swipes were carried out at low speed (please note I am in no way condoning this), where as the Schumacher/Barrichello and Senna/Prost crashes were 150mph plus.

Just food for thought, incompetant yes, hot headed yes, but more malicious/dangerous than other (multiple world champions) before him, I'm not so convinced :?

AlpineF1
AlpineF1

Yes but the Regulations were different then to a point, driving like that these days is out of the question
And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.
Ayrton Senna

My blog
Twitter
Facebook

FrukostScones

stefan_ wrote:Opa, opa Maldonadooo.... :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-bblaS_TA[/youtube]

looks more like their tyres entangled than deliberate forcing off track... but eh .... what do I know.

anyone remember this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MIu0OUv5jo[/youtube]
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

zyphro
zyphro

FrukostScones wrote:
stefan_ wrote:Opa, opa Maldonadooo.... :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5-bblaS_TA[youtube]

looks more like their tyres entangled than deliberate forcing off track... but eh .... what do I know.

anyone remember this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MIu0OUv5jo[youtube]
=D> .

Maldonaldo is being made an example of, simple as that. As soon as something questionable will appear, he will undoubtedly receive a penalty.
Last edited by Richard on 22 Aug 2012, 22:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Disabled image quoted from earlier post