2001 Malaysian Grand Prix memories...

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Hail22

2001 Malaysian Grand Prix memories...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfzGzG5-AhE[/youtube]

Look at those hail stones earlier in the footage...and the monsoonal rain xD

It was only 11 years ago...yet look at the determination, gusto and common sense drivers had...these days...they need an 80hp push to pass button...a wing that has an overtake button on a straight within one second of the car infront...ice creams, pain killers for a sore bum...what has happened to Formula 1 :(
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

beelsebob
beelsebob

Re: 2001 Malaysian Grand Prix memories...

When I was young, I worked 25 hours 'day dow't pit...

Now... Gerrof my lawn!

awizul

Hail22 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfzGzG5-AhE[/youtube]

Look at those hail stones earlier in the footage...and the monsoonal rain xD

It was only 11 years ago...yet look at the determination, gusto and common sense drivers had...these days...they need an 80hp push to pass button...a wing that has an overtake button on a straight within one second of the car infront...ice creams, pain killers for a sore bum...what has happened to Formula 1 :(
..they're faking it now...

SeijaKessen

beelsebob wrote:When I was young, I worked 25 hours 'day dow't pit...

Now... Gerrof my lawn!
To be fair, Hail isn't all that inaccurate in some regards with what he says.

motorloon1993
motorloon1993

Hail22 wrote:
All this talk seems a bit cynical to me, yes DRS and KERS are used but it's not like drivers don't know how to overtake without them, they are just tools. In my eyes nothing has happened to F1 the drivers are still determined and gutsy as ever and this season has seen one of the closest grids ever no 1 team dominance.

I loved watching F1 in the 2000-2009 I believe the majority of circuits were better in this era and by god the cars looked fantastic but I still love watching it now and really appreciate it you can't deny we are having a ball this season, its fantastic.

jdlive
jdlive

Imagine if Fernando Alonso was present there: "Racing is impossible, hard things are dropping on me"

Follow by a red flag and this not footage would not have existed.

He was haha. What happened there? Not enough FIA pull yet?
"There is a credit card with the Ferrari logo, issued by Santander, which gives the scuderia a % of purchases made with the card...

I would guess that such a serious amount of money would allow them to ignore the constant complains of a car that was nowhere near as bad as their #1 driver tried to sell throughout the season.

Heck, a car on which Massa finishes in the podium or has to lift so that his teammate finishes ahead (As we saw often in the final races of the year) is, by no means, a "bad" car."

siskue2005

jdlive wrote:Imagine if Fernando Alonso was present there: "Racing is impossible, hard things are dropping on me"

:lol: :lol:

zyphro
zyphro

=D> =D> =D>

Brilliant GP, remember it as if it were yesterday.

I miss watching battles that lasted laps on end, nowadays it's just push-to-pass.

lukeaar
lukeaar

What happened with that rediculous pit stop for Barichello? Lost the front right tire?

Dekra
Dekra

I was there at Sepang and witnessed how Michael overtook several cars to take the win.

jdlive
jdlive

[quote="jdlive"
[/quote]

Nice sentence there bro. Lay off the Red Bull =D>
"There is a credit card with the Ferrari logo, issued by Santander, which gives the scuderia a % of purchases made with the card...

I would guess that such a serious amount of money would allow them to ignore the constant complains of a car that was nowhere near as bad as their #1 driver tried to sell throughout the season.

Heck, a car on which Massa finishes in the podium or has to lift so that his teammate finishes ahead (As we saw often in the final races of the year) is, by no means, a "bad" car."

Hail22

Hey at least the family tradition continues *sarcasm*

Juan Pablo Montoya during that era of F1...NOW WE HAVE PASTOR MALFUNCTIONADO! xD :lol:
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

KPGS
KPGS

jdlive wrote:Imagine if Fernando Alonso was present there: "Racing is impossible, hard things are dropping on me"

Imagine - Fernando Alonso was present there.
His 2nd GP entry.
And he finished the race.

:mrgreen:

Bomber_Pilot

Hail22 wrote: Look at those hail stones earlier in the footage...
Thats dry ice not hail

siskue2005

I saw this race when I was 16 yrs old, oh the nostalgia :wink:
It was fantastic back then, I don't know why I dont enjoy races now like I did back then :cry:
Bomber_Pilot wrote:
Hail22 wrote: Look at those hail stones earlier in the footage...
Thats dry ice not hail
Dry ice was in the start finish line, after that at turn 4 you can clearly see hails falling