Pre-season testing 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lebesset
lebesset

Pre-season testing 2013

it's time to make my winter plans so as to fit in my usual 4 day visit to at least one of the tests
but there doesn't appear to be a firm schedule as yet ...have I missed something ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: Pre-season testing 2013

1. Jerez: 5.2. 2013 – 8.2. 2013
2. Barcelona: 19.2. 2013 – 22.2. 2013
3. Barcelona: 28.2. 2013 – 3.3. 2013

That was all I could find. You're in france, correct?
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

FrukostScones

Wintertesting .... coming soon. Who is going to Montmelo? Last years tickets for one day were 15/20 Euros wd/we.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

lebesset
lebesset

mx_tifoso wrote:1. Jerez: 5.2. 2013 – 8.2. 2013

lost the thread !
in france , yes , but not in the winter , too cold ! south of spain is better then

unfortunately all these dates are too early in the year for warm weather ...although jerez is south it is too close to the atlantic , a month later would be ok ... if they could move it !

frankly pre season is a mess with such a crowded calendar , none of these dates would give any probability of some warm temperature testing ; last time I was in barca for the final test I was stuck in the snow for 5 days the week after !

looks like I shall pass this year...pity
Last edited by lebesset on 09 Dec 2012, 20:12, edited 1 time in total.
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

mach11
mach11

lebesset wrote:

lost the thread !
in france , yes , but not in the winter , too cold ! south of spain is better then

unfortunately all these dates are too early in the year for warm weather ...although jerez is south it is too close to the atlantic , a month later would be ok ... if they could move it http://www.f1technical.net/forum/postin ... 1&p=388585#

frankly pre season is a mess with such a crowded calendar , none of these dates would give any probability of some warm temperature testing ; last time I was in barca for the final test I was stuck in the snow for 5 days the week after !

Lucky... as you get to see the cars early... I got to wait a whole year at the Indian Grand Prix.... By then the cars would have changed from what they were...

Are there chances of getting into the track marshal programs during the testing period? It would be a wonderful opportunity to have a look at the cars, how teams work etc....
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

lebesset
lebesset

mach11 wrote:
lebesset wrote:

lost the thread !

unfortunately all these dates are too early in the year for warm weather ...although jerez is south it is too close to the atlantic , a month later would be ok ... if they could move it http://www.f1technical.net/forum/postin ... 1&p=388585#

Lucky... as you get to see the cars early... I got to wait a whole year at the Indian Grand Prix.... By then the cars would have changed from what they were...

Are there chances of getting into the track marshal programs during the testing period? It would be a wonderful opportunity to have a look at the cars, how teams work etc....
they don't need nearly as many marshalls as they would at a race meeting ....all the ones I spoke to seemed to be locals