Can Marussia Hold 10th in the Constructors Championship

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Polarbear
Polarbear

Can Marussia Hold 10th in the Constructors Championship

Hi all,

I know everyones eyes are turned towards the front, but there have been some fantastic battles between Caterham and Marussia towards the latter part of this season.

John Booth said this morning that he feels the only thing stopping Marussia finishing abover Caterham every week is their KERS advantage - what do we think?

Last 2 races will be very tense for any Marussia fans I think, particularly Brazil...

CHT
CHT

Re: Can Marussia Hold 10th in the Constructors Championship

Polarbear wrote:Hi all,

I know everyones eyes are turned towards the front, but there have been some fantastic battles between Caterham and Marussia towards the latter part of this season.

John Booth said this morning that he feels the only thing stopping Marussia finishing abover Caterham every week is their KERS advantage - what do we think?

Last 2 races will be very tense for any Marussia fans I think, particularly Brazil...

Caterham will need a freak race and plenty of luck to finish ahead of marussia. I doubt it will happen.

Absolutelee
Absolutelee

Marussia took 10 in the constructors with a 12th place right? Does Caterham need an equal 12 to take back 10th or do thy need to get 11 in a race? Either way it's gonna take a lot of DNFs to see any of the back 3 teams that high again.

Intego

One 12th place suffices, because they have three results as 13th whereas Marussia second best was 14th.
Abu Dhabi was this freak race, not sure whether Caterham will get another chance. But anything can happen ...
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Paul

Interlagos in rain can be pretty hectic... Fisichella winning in a Jordan hectic.

xDama
xDama

Paul wrote:Interlagos in rain can be pretty hectic... Fisichella winning in a Jordan hectic.
Indeed. Sao Paulo is the only race where there's going to be a chance for a freak race. I doubt it'll rain in Austin and chances are slim to none that there's going to be a freak race there.

Kinda sad that Caterham loses to Marussia, because overall Caterham is the better of Marussia in each GP.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

ArchAngel

turbof1

Even in a rain race chances are slim at best for Caterham; the days that drivers made the difference in the wet is pretty much over. Caterham has to hope that enough cars fail to make the end of the race to move up to a 12th place. Corner 1 of Austin GP is believed to have a chance on carnage; Interlagos also normally looses some contenders before the chequered flag, but I don't think enough cars will dissapear between caterham and place 12.
#AeroFrodo