A Message For The Hamilton Supporters

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Cylinder
Cylinder

A Message For The Hamilton Supporters

I just wanted to say a few things from a perspective of a Ferrari fan.

Hamilton has driven extremely well this season, this has actually been one of his most consistent seasons, unfortunately he was robbed blind by some of the worst luck that I have ever seen in a single Formula one season. I just wanted to say that his good season hasn'y gone un-noticed and that I think he has proven beyond doubt he is the fastest driver in the sport over a single lap.

I think all things being equal, he is our number 1 rival at Ferrari in the battle for future world titles, so I look forward to plenty more Alonso vs Hamilton battles in the future, I think that would be the best championship fight since Alonso vs Schumacher, with the two guys many think are the best in the sport going head to head.

mep

Re: A Message For The Hamilton Supporters

I think all things being equal, he is our number 1 rival at Ferrari in the battle for future world titles..
LoL, did you realize that he is driving for Mercedes GP next year?

Cylinder
Cylinder

mep wrote:
I think all things being equal, he is our number 1 rival at Ferrari in the battle for future world titles..
LoL, did you realize that he is driving for Mercedes GP next year?
Yes, thats why i said "All things being equal". As in, in equal cars, he would be our number rival no doubt. Besides, you have no idea what mercedes will do next year.

mbvinnie
mbvinnie

Cylinder wrote:I just wanted to say a few things from a perspective of a Ferrari fan.

Hamilton has driven extremely well this season, this has actually been one of his most consistent seasons, unfortunately he was robbed blind by some of the worst luck that I have ever seen in a single Formula one season. I just wanted to say that his good season hasn'y gone un-noticed and that I think he has proven beyond doubt he is the fastest driver in the sport over a single lap.

I think all things being equal, he is our number 1 rival at Ferrari in the battle for future world titles, so I look forward to plenty more Alonso vs Hamilton battles in the future, I think that would be the best championship fight since Alonso vs Schumacher, with the two guys many think are the best in the sport going head to head.
He really was a lot better than his final championship position showed. With a little better luck it would have been ALO, VET & HAM battling it ou in the last race. We need someone to run one of the 'What would have been' Championship Standing analysis, without luck etc. HAM definitely lost the most, then perhaps Seb, and I would guess ALO gained more from luck than anyone else.

Joie de vivre

As Hamilton fan I appreciate your post. I have to say the same thing about Alonso. He has proven once again he is one of the best despite his not very good Ferrari. He constantly fought for the podium.

I am looking forward to 2014.

wesley123
wesley123

As a Hamilton fan I was simply disappointed this season. He was perfect this year, but like Cylinder said, robbed blind by really bad luck. At least 100 points were lost by mechanical failures and crashes. I am confident he would have won the wdc if that didnt happen, but well that is just how things go.

I really wish him the best at Merc, it gives me a bit of a double feeling. On the one side he can show how great he is, and carry the team upwards, but on the other hand it is the incompetent Merc team.

A great post by you Cylinder, a really good message and a nice on which wouldnt make people mad
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Redragon

I used to dislike Hamilton for his inmaturity.
Driving skills have plenty but he was his own enemy.
This year, I have seen a real change on him, more mature.
He really impressed me and for that I am feeling disapointed that he couldn't fight on the last race for championship alongside Alonso and Vettel. Hopefully next year if Mercedes doen't loose time on finding tricks and develops a car properly.

Poleman

I am a "die-hard" supporter of McLaren team since 1996 and i have to admit this...No driver since then (except perhaps Mika but he retired from the sport) has given me the motivation to follow him on to his next path in F1.My support was to the team itself...Didnt happen with Kimi which he was my favourite in his McLaren days nor with Heikki or any other,until this boy showed up.Thank you Lewis for this awesome 6 years in my favourite team and see you next year as a MGP supporter as well!

Shrieker

He could've won 4 more races easily this season you know. The fueling f*** up at Barcelona, gearbox in Singa, electronics in Abu and Hulkenberg in Interlagos. What's more interesting is, when he was going for lower points positions the car held up fine but not when he was going ftw. That's very unlucky indeed. Alonso didn't have reliability issues in any of the races IIRC, but his lack ran out with other drivers in what what was a very critical stage in the championship. Of the three, Vettel was no doubt the luckiest. To take such a battering this last race and still score points, you couldn't write the script. But let's give him some credit too, when his luck let him carry on in Abu and in Interlagos he exploited the car's speed to the fullest. We'd only know his true worth if Mclaren and Ferrari had a Newey clone though.

Both Hamilton and Alonso did great this season, but somehow I can't say the same for the "champion". It feels as if he came alive after the summer break when the car was properly sorted. Before that... Well before that he looked average at best with only a single win.
Last edited by Shrieker on 25 Nov 2012, 22:31, edited 3 times in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Redragon wrote:I used to dislike Hamilton for his inmaturity.
Driving skills have plenty but he was his own enemy.
This year, I have seen a real change on him, more mature.
He really impressed me and for that I am feeling disapointed that he couldn't fight on the last race for championship alongside Alonso and Vettel. Hopefully next year if Mercedes doen't loose time on finding tricks and develops a car properly.
He has been faultless this year, only real incident I would question is Valencia, but I would place most of the blame on Maldo

Florio
Florio

Shrieker wrote: Both Hamilton and Alonso did great this season, but somehow I can't say the same for the "champion". It feels as if he came alive after the summer break when the car was properly sorted. Before that... Well before that he looked average at best with only a single win.
I couldn't agree more. I can't help but dwell on the 'what if's' from this season!

ringo

What's scary though is that he still has more to learn. And that naturally comes with time in the sport and age.
There are some Alonso qualities he will get from Mercedes, as Mclaren doesn't allow a driver to too pivotal in the team.
He will be like Alonso in that he will be bringing something to a team and that team will be willing to listen and follow.
So i would say on the leadership side he will improve further.
He has shown to improve in patience and also understanding that the race is 60 laps. All that's left now is that ability to read weather like button. :lol: Maybe that will come with triathalons.
All in all a very strong year. I must say strongest driver of 2012.
For Sure!!

Ray

His year reminded me a lot of what happened to Kimi in his career at McLaren. Robbed blind by bad luck, and McLaren unreliability. I hope all the best for him at Mercedes, I just hope people don't forget him while he's mired in the midfield. Formula 1 is a fickle beast.

Shrieker

Florio wrote:
Shrieker wrote: Both Hamilton and Alonso did great this season, but somehow I can't say the same for the "champion". It feels as if he came alive after the summer break when the car was properly sorted. Before that... Well before that he looked average at best with only a single win.
I couldn't agree more. I can't help but dwell on the 'what if's' from this season!
It's very interesting though, Vettel had plenty of poles up until the summer break but won one race and got robbed at Valencia by the alternator. So he deserves the benefit of doubt for at least that one. But then again Webber was one better than Vettel in quali comparision come the summer break and Vettel had missed the q3 cut more than a couple of times. After the break everything changed, he came good when the car was really really fast and not before.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Webber got "slower" after he signed his new contract mid-season. I guess they made him an offer his KERS couldn't refuse :lol: