2012 end of season awards

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
astracrazy
astracrazy

2012 end of season awards

Your vote on the past season and reason

Driver of the year
Worse driver "
Team "
Worse team "
Most impressive driver - the driver that impressed you throughout the season
Most disappointing driver - the driver you expected to do better
Best race
Your top tip for 2013 - is it lewis in the merc? Perez in the mclaren? etc.
Favourite moment -
Best overtake -
What will you remember in 10 years time from 2012 - i.e the first thing you'll say (8 different winners in 8, pit fire, quickest pit stop etc)

Driver of the year - Alonso, he couldn't have done anymore. If only he'd had a better car. But Hamilton would have had this in the bag if his team would have been better
Worse driver " - Grosjean not sure his learnt from his ban. Don't think he deserves a 2013 seat
Team of the year - I guess Red Bull as they gave Vettel the car to win the title
Worse team " - Mclaren, easily cost Hamilton a title chance, or even the title
Most impressive driver - Massa, totally turned his season around with some fantastic drives towards the end of the season
Most disappointing driver - Di Resta, a lot had been made of him but his yet to show it in F1
Best race - Has to be Brazil closely followed by Austin
Your top tip for 2013 - If Kimi has a quicker car he could be right up there
Favourite moment - Kimi pit radio or Hamiltons Canada drive
Best overtake - can't think at the moment
What will you remember in 10 years time from 2012 -as a Hamilton fan, it will have to be the mclaren disaster, and why 2012 was his last with them
Last edited by astracrazy on 25 Nov 2012, 22:40, edited 4 times in total.

stefan_
stefan_

Re: 2012 end of season awards

Driver of the year: Alonso
Worst driver: can't decide yet.
Team of the year: Lotus F1 Team
Worst team: HRT & Mercedes
MID: Kimi Raikkonen
MDR: Senna (was expecting more, he was pretty good in the Lotus) | Massa at the start of the season | Perez at the end of the season
Best race: Brazil !
'13 Tip: Kimi (if the car gets better) | Alonso (the same with the car) | Massa (the same with the car)

Best overtake: Kimi on the outside of MS through Eau Rouge
Best moment: Alonso winning in Valencia. | Massa's start at Interlagos | Kimi's start in Abu Dhabi | Kimi wanting to go in a bar in Sao Paulo, but changing his mind and returning to the track to finish the race
Radio message of the season: "Yes, yes, yes, yes, I'm doing all the tires, you don't have to remind me every second" | "Just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing"
Last edited by stefan_ on 25 Nov 2012, 22:22, edited 8 times in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

mbvinnie
mbvinnie

Driver of the year : Any of VET, HAM or ALO
Worst driver : GRO, MAS
Team of the year : Red Bull
Worse team : HRT
Most impressive driver - the driver that impressed you throughout the season : HUL? Or VET, HAM, ALO
Most disappointing driver - WEB, MAL, SCH,
Best race : Abu Dhabi, Brazil, Valencia - how do you choose
Your top tip for 2013 : Look out for HAM if Merc get a little performance, though I think it will be VET for 4.

Amazing season! How am I going to survive the off-season?

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Driver of the year: Alonso - as impressive as ever with a car that was rarely the best.
Worst driver: Vergne
Team of the year: Red Bull - despite all the regulation changes they still found a way to keep the car at the front. Operationally they were very sound.
Worst team: Mercedes - considering where they started, they fell away quite badly.
MID: Schumacher - showed he still has it.
MDD: Senna - after his stint at Renault last season, i thought he would do better.
Best race: Valencia - biased because Alonso won, but i think Valencia, Abu Dhabi and Interlagos would all be good shouts.
'13 Tip: Red Bull will still be kings.

wesley123
wesley123

Could use a lot more points if you ask me. Like favourite moment for example.

Driver of the year: Hamilton
Worst driver: Grosjean. He was quick, but too many crashes.
Team of the year: Red Bull Racing. They overcame their problems from the start of the season and became WDC and WCC for the third time in a row
Worst team: Mercedes, I think it is clear why.
MID: Lewis Hamilton. Where in 2011 he was really bad, incosistent etc. etc. he was flawless this year.
MDR: I leave this open
Best race: Havent really watched the races
'13 Tip: Looking forward to what McLAren can do without Hamilton and Merc with him.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

clipsy1H

Driver of the year: Vettel
Worse driver: Grosjean
Team: Red Bull
Worse team: Mercedes
Most impressive driver: Kimi and Michael (but with Mercedes it's so hard to show something)
Most disappointing driver: Button
Best race: Valencia and Brazil
tip for 2013 - Hulk with Sauber will made a good year and Lewis at Mercedes (next year can't be worse than this)

astracrazy
astracrazy

wesley123 wrote:Could use a lot more points if you ask me. Like favourite moment for example.
added, anyone posted then add to your posts

Juzh

Driver of the year: Hamilton, to be honest, he should have won title by some margin if not for all the misfortune
Worse driver: Button. Would have been massa if not for sudden resurgent form boost
Team: Red bull 100%. they came back after a tough start of the seasson, following ban on EBD and wings stiffnes to still emerge WCC in Austin is really something else
Worse team: HRT, mercedes
Most impressive driver - Raikkonen
Most disappointing driver - Button, then webber
Best race: interlagos
Your top tip for 2013 - lewis to merc
Favourite moment - The second it was clear Sebastian is going to be 3 times WDC (RB fan, so i'm biased a little)
Best overtake - Raikkonen vs schu in spa, vettel on button on the outside in abu dhabi.

LionKing
LionKing

Driver of the year: Vettel
Worse driver: Kartkikeyan
Team: Ferrari
Worse team: Mercedes
Most impressive driver - Raikkonen
Most disappointing driver - Grosjean
Best race: Interlagos
Your top tip for 2013 - More BS from Mercedes on their regular frequency channel
Favourite moment - Interlagos final laps
Best overtake - There were too many...

clipsy1H

Ups! I forgot about this.

Favourite moment - Schumacher pole lap in Monaco (amazing performance.... that pole can be one of the best pole in monaco)
Best overtake - Kimi with Michael in Eau Rouge!
What will you remember in 10 years time from 2012: 8 different winners in 8 race and how Mercedes prepare Michael Schumacher car all season.

N12ck

Driver of the year: Hamilton
Worse driver: Not sure
Team: Red Bull
Worse team: Not sure,
Most impressive driver: Hamilton/ Schumacher/ Alonso
Most disappointing driver:
Best Race: Brazil
Your top tip for 2013 Hamilton in Merc
Favourite moment Yes, Yes, Yes, I know what I am doing...
Best overtake Kimi round eau rouge
What will you remember in 10 years time from 2012: The team with the fastest car never won
Budding F1 Engineer

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Driver of the year - Alonso
Worse driver " - Grosjean (even Maldonaldo cooled his heels)
Team of the year - Lotus, after suffering as almost-there from 2010 Renault through 2011, they've come a long ways and I sincerely hope that they give Kimi a good car and a good teammate to duel for top in the WCC
Worse team " - Mclaren; they have the resources to win and the good drivers to win (as indicated by their wins, obviously), but they're lack of unity, drama, and issues at the start of year and the end of the year are indicated by their #3 in the WCC. Too many missteps, too many problems outside of race weekends do not WDC/WCC winners make.
Most impressive driver - Kimi Raikkonen: first time back after two year absence on a completely different team, 3rd in the WDC despite the team in 4th in WCC, and has completely charmed everyone in F1 all over again. "LeavemealoneIknowwhatI'mdoing" and getting lost and STILL ending up in points in Brazil. Completely revitalizes the season.
Most disappointing driver - Sergio Perez. After his successful podiums, he just fell off the back foot in these last races. Considering he left Sauber even though the team was making massive inroads to Mercedes, his late-season missteps hurt him and hurt his current team.
Best race - Brazil
Your top tip for 2013 - Evolution will mean that one team will find the sweet spot. Like 2009, 2011, one car/team/driver will dominate. 2014 will be the nail-biter.
Favourite moment - Kamui on the podium in Japan, so sweet to hear the entire circuit calling his name :cry:
Best overtake - A lot of good ones. Can't choose just one.
What will you remember in 10 years time from 2012 - 6 different winning teams, 8 different winning drivers, Brazil, Austin, the development battle, Red Bull's faltering early in the season, Kimi's return, Silly Season '12,

mnmracer
mnmracer

Driver of the year: Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton; no one was perfect this year (as no one ever is) but they came damn well closest.
Worst driver: Karthikeyan, got involved in more incidents than all the other backmarkers combined.
Best Team: Red Bull, spent their time making a better car rather then whining how others were faster.
Worst team: HRT, Minardi showed you can still be a respectable backmarker. HRT showed very little.
Most impressive driver: Massa's resurge
Most disappointing driver: di Resta, too much talk, too litle to show for
Best race: Brazil, what a showdown!
Your top tip for 2013: Massa!
Favourite moment: When it became clear Vettel could race still in Brazil and we were going to have a championship drive on our hand.
Best overtake: too many to count
What will you remember in 10 years time from 2012: it's epic showdown.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Driver of the year - Hamilton, for obvious reasons.
Worse driver - I'm really tempted by Vettel for his up and down performances, but I'm gonna go with Maldonado.
Team - Red Bull - did everything they needed to do.
Worse team - McLaren - screwed up so much they managed to leave hamilton well behind in the championship, instead of well in the lead.
Most impressive driver - Alonso
Most disappointing driver - Grosjean
Best race - CotA
Your top tip for 2013 - Alonso
Favourite moment - LEAVE ME ALONE I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING
Best overtake - God there's been a lot this year, no clue

Cam

Driver of the year: Vettel (which part of 3 in a row don't you all get.....)
Worst driver: Maldonado (he's not even fast, as opposed to Grosjean)
Best Team: Red Bull (proved it again)
Worst team: McLaren (punched well below weight)
Most impressive driver: Kimi (some comeback drive)
Most disappointing driver: Alonso (was soundly beaten by Massa last couple of races. Alonso often relied on luck rather than performance and I simply can't accept that. To have Massa, of all people, so much faster in the last couple of races showed Alonso up big time. At least Hamilton was quick every race, he just couldn't finish them.)
Best race: Brazil (prob one of the best ever)
Your top tip for 2013: Red Bull to do it again, more dominant this time (outside chance for Lotus, then McLaren, then Ferrari)
Favourite moment: When Kimi spoke anything (so refreshing)
Best overtake: too many to mention here
What will you remember in 10 years time from 2012: Brazil ending, 3 in a row, a legend was born
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.