Rate the F1 2012 Season

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Rate the F1 2012 Season

1%
No votes
No votes
No votes
1%
4%
12%
23%
32%
26%

Total votes: 81

Guisson

Rate the F1 2012 Season

So here we are , the end of the 63rd season of F1 .. First of all i want to Say Congrat's Sebastian Vettel ( and Fernando Alonso ! ) =D> =D> =D> who made this championship exciting as hell , for me both of them deserve the title .Thanks Michael Schumacher for all these euphoric seasons ! F1 will never be the same :cry:

So guys I wanted your opinions on this F1 season ,
:arrow: What was the best Race ?
:arrow: Who was the best Driver/Team?
:arrow: Your best Moment
:arrow: The Best Overtake
:arrow: Worst Team/Driver
:arrow: When was there a "table reversal" ? ( WDC)
:arrow: How did the Pirelli tyres and the DRS behaved during all the season
:arrow: What are your hopes for 2013?

For me ,
1) The final Race undoubtly in Interlagos along with the European Grand Prix
2)Fernando Alonso ( althought sebastian and Lewis did very well) ..Red Bull Renault huge thumbs up !
3) Kimi Time ! Leave me alone I Know what to do ! and the excursion today off the circuit ! epic
4)I'll say Raikkonen on Schumacher in Spa Breathtaking !
5)There is no Bad Driver in Formula 1 , as Brundle said There is 7 bilion people in the world but just 24 Grand prix Drivers! indeed there was some anxiety , stupid moves and some useless mistakes from some Drivers like Grosjean and Maldonado who need too control themselves because they have enough talent to proove that they can compete with the elite ! Worst Team was Mercedes..Unable to develop the car in the right direction , DDRS worked well for 3 races but then failed , realibility issues ..lack of Performance ..A Season to forget ! :?
6) Spa 2012, Japan 2012
7) Pirellis made the races more exciting for about 8 Gp s then ..They started to Bridgestonize :/ , DRS was Ok but useless in some tracks
8) Hoping for annother great season , great Fights and show ! :mrgreen:

And thank you guys ! for this enjoyable moments in the forum ! :))
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

Joie de vivre

Re: Rate the F1 2012 Season

It was pretty intense but I wished for a different outcome. Definitely I'd rather see Hamilton as a champion this year, he really deserved it. But since he could not be, I was hoping Alonso takes this years title from Vettel.

Also, THANK YOU MICHAEL SCHUMACHER =D>

Hail22

I really wanted to see a Hamilton Vs Alonso battle.

Abu Dhabi...not going to comment on how suspicious that race was with Webbers "Accident"

Hopefully the Silver arrows can step up for 2013 with Ferrari and Mclaren and create a block for the Bulls, dominating the sport isn't healthy for not only the fans, but from a marketing/merchandising perspective it can be very dangerous.

Anyone else notice that most of the "Newer" GPs (Bar Austin) were low in attendance?

E.G Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Korea, India (Friday, Saturday) and also noticed Japan was also low on numbers (could be even lower considering Kamui has no drive at this moment with another team... :(

Michael Schumacher aka "The Baron" aka "The Rainmeister" his attitude and spirit will be missed.

My parting video for you all to enjoy for the 2012 season!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wr2C7Niak8[/youtube]
Last edited by Hail22 on 26 Nov 2012, 04:49, edited 1 time in total.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Blue fellow

1.) Montreal, since it was the first one I attended. But if it were besides that fact it would be Interlagos.

2.) I am by no means a Hamilton fan, but impressed me a lot this year, but McLaren wasn't able to impress me. Vettel being the World Champion, naturally he had to do something right, I was impressed when he led every lap for four races (or was it three?) straight, not even swapping positions when he went into pits if I remember correctly. And of course Red Bull is the best team in my opinion. For all the controversy they caused, and whether you agree with them or not, they did a fantastic job.

3.) Getting to hear the cars scream by me in Montreal for the first time.

4.) Raikkonen's move on Schumacher at Spa, or maybe his move on Hulkenberg at Austin. Both impressed me a lot, although I do have a bias towards him.

5.) Worst driver, Grosjean. Raikkonen managed to finish every race, only missing out on points in China. But Grosjean on the other hand...Worst team would technically I suppose be HRT. But Mercedes was the biggest disappointment. They seemed to have so much potential at first. But then it all started going south.

6.) Valencia was a big turning point, but so was Singapore.

7.) Tyres were goofy and DRS was, well DRS.

8.) My hopes are Raikkonen will do even better.

But I'm excited for Hamilton at Mercedes and what he can do there, although I feel 2014 will be where he shines.
Hulkenberg at Sauber interests me.
What's McLaren going to be like without Hamilton, how will Perez perform in what should be a top tier car?
There are so many more questions and things to look forward to in 2013, I can't wait for it to come, but even more I can't wait for 2014!

Vasconia

What was the best Race ?

Brazil and Valencia.

Who was the best Driver/Team?
Alonso/Red Bull

Your best Moment :
When Michael achieved the pole in Monaco.

The Best Overtake :
Raikkonen to Schumi in Brazil

Worst Team/Driver :

HRT/Senna
When was there a "table reversal" ? ( WDC)

Singapur.

How did the Pirelli tyres and the DRS behaved during all the season:
Too tricky in the first races(but funny) and then too conservative.

What are your hopes for 2013?

To see Lotus and Williams fighting for victories from the first races.

beelsebob

Hehe, that's a lovely normal distribution we've got there on the poll.

Nando

It´s been a 10 for me. but i should have voted 9 because of Mclaren.

but apart from that, it´s probably the best season i´ve seen. Races that were supposed to be boring as hell provided some of the best entertainment for years.

Especially the last three races have been just sublime.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

Joie de vivre

What a year it was indeed.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aIWjT9ufow[/youtube]

delacf

GP of Brazil (Interlagos)

Alonso/Ferrari

Pole of Schumacher in Monaco.

Raikkonen to Schumacher in Spa

McLaren/---

:arrow: Who was the best Car?
Red Bull RB8

Ferrari and Alonso, WCC and WDC champions.

I wish that Raikkonen would to fight for title

Cheers

stfn_ger

Interlagos for sure, since it was a suitable final for a memorable season. Valencia was the biggest surprise this year - deadly boring in previous years, but really eventful and entertaining in 2012.

Hard to tell if it was Alonso or Hamilton. Both have been on one level imo. Hamilton had a bigger progress compared to last year, but to be fair, he also had the bigger fall in 2011, so it's quite even. Best team overall was RBR for sure. They lost the most since 2011 but gained the most too over the season. Was simply good work.

2012 consists of so many moments - Kimi's team radio in Abu Dhabi and the sightseeing trip at Brasil, Alonso's celebration in front of his home crowd in Valencia, Kobayashi's and Massa's emotions on scoring a podium at their home grand prixs ( and the wild japanese crowd shouting "KA - MU - I" for sure ), Rosbergs & Maldonado's first wins, Schumacher going through the swimming - pool - section at monaco with one hand on his wheel during his pole lap and so many other Details you'd probably pack into a season review. I don't wanna be the one to choose "the moment" of the season.

As most of the others: Raikonnen on Schumacher at Eau Rouge.

Worst Team: McLaren for sabotaging themselves and giving away what in the end surely would have been a safe champonship. Worst driver: Well, looking at the level of today's grid it has to be Grosjean. Fast car, talented guy, to much debris. Hope he gets a chance to be a better driver next year.

Singapore.

The tyres spiced it up in the beginning. Maybe a little bit to much, while becoming rather conservative during the late season. But they didn't hurt. DRS is DRS. I've got nothing against the system itself, but against it's use. Less would be a bit more imo. Shorter zones on every circuit to strip it off it's "overtaking guarantee" and i would be happy.

Another season like 2012. Simple as that. It's been an exciting year.

MarkedOne8

1. What was the best Race ?
2. Who was the best Driver/Team?
3. Your best Moment
4.The Best Overtake
5. Worst Team/Driver
6. When was there a "table reversal" ? ( WDC)
7. How did the Pirelli tyres and the DRS behaved during all the season
8. What are your hopes for 2013?

1. The best Race... I don't which to choose.Abu Dhabi or Brazil?Both are even for me.
2. The best driver was Kimi in terms of pure driver's performances.Being 3rd (probably fourth without so many MP4-27's faults) with a team which has less than 45% of Red Bull or Ferrari budget.The best team?It has to be RBR.
3. Kimi crossing the finish line at the Abu Dhabi GP.This was long waited by many, not just by his fans.
4. The best overtake ... it has to be without DRS, so that means Kimi.He is master of non-DRS overtaking maneouvers.Kimi on Schumi at Spa, or Kimi at Schumi in Brazil.
5. HRT / probably Narain
6. Suzuka.Alonso's big mistake trying to push Raikkonen of the track.Losing good haul of points there.His fault for his damage.
7. From the start of 2011 I don't know why the DRS was alowed during Qs and Ps.2013 shoul be better in therms of DRS.Yes, some drivers still can overtake without it, but it's still quite good and necessary on some circuits.
8. Squezzing the tops 5-6 teams even more.Mercedes improved by Hamilton, McLaren focused on Button, Lotus pumped by some sponsors... Kimi for WDC!
Fernando Alonso is the best pay-to-drive driver in F1 with the biggest amount of money behind him.
http://f1bias.com/2012/04/05/truth-abou ... nder-2008/

Mesteño

MarkedOne8 wrote: 6. Suzuka.Alonso's big mistake trying to push Raikkonen of the track.Losing good haul of points there.His fault for his damage.
:wtf:

PlatinumZealot

Should have been a three way title fight. That was the only downside for me.
Everything else was great!
Mclaren having a fast car.
Hamilton saving tyres.
RedBull no advantage in he first half.
Maldonado winning.
Rosberg winning.
Schumacher pole.
Grosjean speed.
Perez fighting for the win in a Sauber
Alonso working magic
That extreme look of the Ferrari
Newey working his magic on bringing that alien design to the redBull.
DDRS became reality in the Merc.
MSC finishing 7th in Brazil
Massa find back his mojo
Hamilton to MErcedes!
Perez to Mclaren!
Bottas to Williams!
Hulk to Sauber!
Pic to Caterham?!
Kimi is back!
Tweeted telemetry!
Bernie is a crime suspect (no surprise).
Coanda exhaust!
Austin GP!
Some boring races got exciting! Valencia, Spain, Abudahbi,
And much more...
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

Websta

1. Best race: Brazil
2. Best driver/team:Can't choose between Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton. Best team would be a toss-up between Sauber, Lotus and RBR depending on whether you consider budget as a factor.
3. Best moment: the end of the Indian GP - that race was boring
4. Best overtake: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh9mDcNIQNA[/youtube]
Probably an ill conceived overtake, but the car control to keep that Ferrari out of the wall was sublime. Raikkonen on Schumacher is pretty much identical to Webber on Alonso last year so I won't vote for that.
5. Mclaren wasn't very impressive - no other team threw that many points away. Worst driver would have to be Grosjean
6. Japan
7. Made some races exciting, don't really care
8. Hopes for 2013: Lotus, Mercedes and Ferrari to build more competitive cars.

jamsbong

RB_[Gnx] wrote:
So guys I wanted your opinions on this F1 season ,
1. Brazil
2. Alonso (eventhough I'm a Vettel supporter). His form was just unbelievable.
3. Raikkonen's radio in Abu Dhabi and Raikkonen gotten lost in Brazil.
4. Too many and I'll leave it as that.
5. Nerain Karthekayen, he is slowest all year round and continues to be a pest to the front runners. Glad he is gone for good now. Worst team? Mclaren. They had the best car but lost it all with the most appalling mistakes. In the end, it is only right that Lewis left.
6. Valencia for the RB8. and Singapore for Vettel.
7. I think Pirelli tires can really pulled some strings to amp up the drama. Think about it. They chose the most challenging tires around the beginning of the season. this made everyone complaining and got 7 winners out of it. Then in the final few races, they've chose all the most durable tires to stabilise the race conditions. the second year of DRS is really quite good, it frees up fast cars behind slow ones but was short enough so that there is little freebie overtakes.
DRS = thumbs up. Pirelli tires = thumbs down. IMO, Pirelli should lock in the tires they will use for the 20 races at the beginning of the season in 2013.
8. Realistically, I expect a lesser season than this. It is tough to beat the 'best' season I've ever watched. All I hope is that the rivalry continues and may the best driver and team wins.