Bottas vs Maldonado 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Bottas vs Maldonado

Bottas
58%
Maldonado
42%

Total votes: 24

raymondu999

Bottas vs Maldonado 2013

So - two young fast guys, one with more experience admittedly. How do we think both will perform?

I think Bottas, looking at his junior career, can be expected to be reliable and not stick the car in the wall.

Maldonado in my view is also a guy of great speed. How do we think they will fare when squared off against each other?

I'm conflicted on it somewhat.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saMzaaNwRiE[/youtube]
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

CHT
CHT

Re: Bottas vs Maldonado 2013

I will put my money on Maldanado in 2013.

stefan_
stefan_

My vote goes to Maldonado on this one - he is fast when he doesn't lose his head and he has two years of experience in F1.
The main downside of Bottas I think is the inexperience and the fact that he didn't race for one year.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Nando
Nando

It´s gonna be extremely tight at the end of the season i think. A toss-up basically.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

FoxHound

William keep saying how quick the guy is. I don't think they would have ditched Senna and his sponsors for someone who was marginally quicker.
I'm going with Bottas to outpace Maldonado, the only question is Bottas' race craft as with all rookies.
JET set

Sevach
Sevach

Maldonado i believe.

I think Maldonado is mega fast, is going into his third season, and was keeping it together better near the end of the season, so it would be very impressive of Bottas if he could beat him immediately.

PlatinumZealot

raymondu999 wrote:So - two young fast guys, one with more experience admittedly. How do we think both will perform?

I think Bottas, looking at his junior career, can be expected to be reliable and not stick the car in the wall.

Maldonado in my view is also a guy of great speed. How do we think they will fare when squared off against each other?

I'm conflicted on it somewhat.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saMzaaNwRiE[/youtube]
He has the best sounding English out of all the Finns.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

After this year, I'm sure Maldonaldo and his Driving Managers (or coaches, whoever he consults with in terms of reviewing his driving) will spend this time to cool Mal's heels and improve racecraft and conduct.

Maldonaldo will step up as experienced hand and team leader. Bottas will do his best to get points in general and learn.

raymondu999

As I understand it Williams is working with Alex Wurz to help the drivers with their mind management, and with Rob Wilson for the actual on-track performance.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

xDama
xDama

I think Bottas will struggle a bit in the first half of the season, but by the end of 2013 he will be the better of the 2. Maldonado has had 2 years in F1 now, and in those 2 years he sucked 80% of the time, was average on 10% and drove like a top driver for 10%.

Maldo can be quick, but he doesn't have the total package like all the top drivers, he doesn't even have the total package like Senna. Bottas looks very promising, but I think Williams kicked the wrong driver. (obviously they choose the money from Maldo, but still... What good is 35 million, when you crash out, get 100 penalties or simply suck.)
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna