Good read by Murray Walker

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
jdlive
jdlive

Good read by Murray Walker

"There is a credit card with the Ferrari logo, issued by Santander, which gives the scuderia a % of purchases made with the card...

I would guess that such a serious amount of money would allow them to ignore the constant complains of a car that was nowhere near as bad as their #1 driver tried to sell throughout the season.

Heck, a car on which Massa finishes in the podium or has to lift so that his teammate finishes ahead (As we saw often in the final races of the year) is, by no means, a "bad" car."

tarzoon

Re: Good read by Murray Walker

Murray Walker's cursing Vettel... let's hope not! :D

mep

If anybody breaks them, then it should be Vettel.

Shrieker

V3tt3l ? More like N3w3y 8)
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

bhall
bhall

[My humor doesn't always play well with others.]
Last edited by bhall on 09 Dec 2012, 01:23, edited 1 time in total.

Nando
Nando

When the Red Bull dynasty ends, so will the praise.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

CHT
CHT

Nando wrote:When the Red Bull dynasty ends, so will the praise.
Before RBR dynasty ends, Vettel just might just pick up another 1 or 2 WDC. The good thing about RBR is that the team is still relatively young and Christian Horner is doing a really good job of holding the team together. So as long as Newey wishes to continue in F1, there is no reason he will work somewhere else. Even if he retires that doesnt guarantee RBR will instantly go downhill either as I believe the success of RBR is not just because of AN, but also the team culture which allows ideas and creativity to flourish.

Murray is right about the below statement and I actually think Vettel is the one holding the key to the driver market right now as many other top drivers are just waiting for Vettel to vacant his seat at RBR. As the youngest and most successful WDC on the grid, there will be no shortage of choices when that happens.

If you havent noticed, Ferrari so far has refuses to say anything negative about Vettel despite 2 bitter WDC encounter in the last 3 seasons
"If he doesn't beat the record it will mean he hasn't made very good choices about the car he drives. But he is a very astute bloke and I don't think he will make bad choices."

jdlive
jdlive

Ferrari wants Vettel to accomplish what Schumacher accomplished with them and beyond, that's been pretty obvious from the get go. They know they need to nurture Alonso for now as that is what he craves, but as soon as Vettel is available, Alonso will be fired. No doubt about that.
"There is a credit card with the Ferrari logo, issued by Santander, which gives the scuderia a % of purchases made with the card...

I would guess that such a serious amount of money would allow them to ignore the constant complains of a car that was nowhere near as bad as their #1 driver tried to sell throughout the season.

Heck, a car on which Massa finishes in the podium or has to lift so that his teammate finishes ahead (As we saw often in the final races of the year) is, by no means, a "bad" car."

Nando
Nando

CHT wrote:
Nando wrote:When the Red Bull dynasty ends, so will the praise.
Before RBR dynasty ends, Vettel just might just pick up another 1 or 2 WDC. The good thing about RBR is that the team is still relatively young and Christian Horner is doing a really good job of holding the team together. So as long as Newey wishes to continue in F1, there is no reason he will work somewhere else. Even if he retires that doesnt guarantee RBR will instantly go downhill either as I believe the success of RBR is not just because of AN, but also the team culture which allows ideas and creativity to flourish.

Murray is right about the below statement and I actually think Vettel is the one holding the key to the driver market right now as many other top drivers are just waiting for Vettel to vacant his seat at RBR. As the youngest and most successful WDC on the grid, there will be no shortage of choices when that happens.

If you havent noticed, Ferrari so far has refuses to say anything negative about Vettel despite 2 bitter WDC encounter in the last 3 seasons
"If he doesn't beat the record it will mean he hasn't made very good choices about the car he drives. But he is a very astute bloke and I don't think he will make bad choices."
Agree on the RBR having a big chance to take more titles, Newey doesn´t look like he´s slowing down anytime soon.
The question is for how long can he spit out championship winning cars. His history is also filled with dips design wise.
This was why i said "when the RBR dynasty ends,"
We don´t really know how long it will continue for but as a fan of Formula One cars i hope it continues, i think his cars are pure art and looks about 3-4 years ahead of everyone else aerodynamically speaking.
Just looks so complete and so fluid as if nature has carved it out over millions of years.

Especially the first exhaust Vettel had with the tip exiting just below the suspension arm.
That rear end is quite possibly the most beautiful layout i´ve ever seen.

Whether RBR can keep things going after Newey leaves/retires who knows, i don´t think so, i think his track record speaks for itself.

Vettel is in similar positions to Hamilton and Alonso. Arguably he has a spot in Mclaren maybe as they want to strong drivers but i don´t see him going to Ferrari simply because Alonso doesn´t want to take that chance, it would tarnish everything he´s built in my opinion.

And why should Ferrari say anything negative about Vettel? Officially that would be pretty stupid and just let everyone know the guys at Ferrari are babies. Which they are not.

I´m just waiting for another 2007-2008 season in terms of competitiveness. Those years Mclaren and Ferrari had damn near equal cars, no weird regulations, no apparent superiority from one of the teams etc, it was all about the driver´s making a difference.
(and some teamwork/strategy)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

jamsbong
jamsbong

I have to agree with Murray on the fact that Vettel has the intelligence to make good decisions. That means he is likely to be in the best car in most of his career.

Red Bull dynasty may end but it will not stop Vettel from winning more championships.

Vasconia

Ah, the venerable Murray Walker, each word from him is a piece of F1 wisdom.

And what he say its quite logic, Vettel is very young and he has 3 championships, and each year is a better driver, he has drivern fantastically this season, more focused and matured than ever so if he has a compeitive car he will reach easily another two victories, so then lets see what happens.