Formula 1 HIGH RES photos (Old and New)

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
radomer
radomer

Formula 1 HIGH RES photos (Old and New)

I made a page some months ago with F1 photos in high res. All the photos ara in large dimensions (at least 1200x600). It took me days and days to find the photos in thousands sites on the internet and sometimes I had to do some tricks in order to get them from sites where download wasn't available. I also had to find persons who had some photos in their hard disks. It was also difficult having to find the circuit in many of the photos when it wasn't mentioned. But the result makes me happy. A page where around 19.000 (till now) have been uploaded from every season of F1. Here is the link:

http://www.facebook.com/F1.High.Res.Photos

I am trying actually to make a community where people will share their high res photos. I don't get profit by the page. I am just a collector. Share what you have. Don't leave the photos in hard disks sitting all alone. We can exchange by using many ways like box.com or dropbox. I can send you my archive as well. And something I have to tell you : Some of the photos uploaded in my page were refound in much better dimensions and quality.

I love the photos of old seasons more. Because they are rare and it's fantastic having pics from old eras in such a quality. Take an example. Who said that there are no HD photos in 1970? :

and 1979:

Share your photos as well. Try to find any photos in your hard disks. We could find photos in sites like private trackers but most torrents were deleted. It happens to become even more difficult to find photos.

Cheers,
Apostolos , or radomer :)

bodnarjw
bodnarjw

Re: Formula 1 HIGH RES photos (Old and New)

Great set of posts. Please post more. I just can't get enough. Do you have any from 1999?

Thanks,
J

radomer
radomer

bodnarjw wrote:Great set of posts. Please post more. I just can't get enough. Do you have any from 1999?

Thanks,
J
Yes. I have many. I uploaded the biggest part. And I have some more to upload in the future. I also found some pics of 1999 in large dimensions but i didn't keep them because they were dull. I want them to be clear.

radomer
radomer

I started uploading 2013 photos as well.

k.ko100v
k.ko100v

Very nice topic. I want to join with some interesting pics which i found:

Gerhard Berger, Ferrari 412T2, 1995 Italian GP

Michael Schumacher (Ferrari F310B) & Jean Alesi (Benetton B197) - 1997 - Belgian GP

Graham Hill testing the BRM P261

Nelson Piquet, Parmalat Brabham-BMW BT52, 1983 Monaco Grand Prix

The ONE and only

Andrea de Cesaris (Tyrrell 020B) & Γ‰rik Comas (Ligier JS37) - 1992 - Japanese GP\

Four Mercedes-Benz W125s - 1937 Monaco Grand Prix

davemrgrumpypants
davemrgrumpypants

Awesome pics, thanks for taking the time to allow us to enjoy them....

D

radomer
radomer

davemrgrumpypants wrote:Awesome pics, thanks for taking the time to allow us to enjoy them....

D
Thank you. I have uploaded thousands of photos ! I am trying to find more photos though. There are people who have huge archive but cannot post it in forums, torrents, private trackers. I can only find them to get them. If you know anyone or have photos tell me.

I need your help in recognizing the track in some photos. The sponsors, setup , barriers , street lines etc can help. Or even similar photos from the same spot. I use some sites that have loads of photos in thumbnails so i can find similar photos.

Callum

All I can say is 'wow'. I am sure there are many, many 'never before seen' pictures in those albums.

I had a scan through some but the '88 Williams caught my attention. What do people think of their radiator design?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

(P.S i am unsure how to insert the picture form Facebook onto this page.)

radomer
radomer

Callum wrote:All I can say is 'wow'. I am sure there are many, many 'never before seen' pictures in those albums.

I had a scan through some but the '88 Williams caught my attention. What do people think of their radiator design?

(P.S i am unsure how to insert the picture form Facebook onto this page.)
Yes. I share what pics I have :) The thing is that there are people who have pictures and don't share them. I wish I find them and exchange ! Because one day, it won't be possible to share files through the net :(

I think in this picture the other exhaust exit is on basically laying on the ground. Look at how much of the rear diffuser is missing and where the intact diffuser/exhaust is in line with the side pod. I'm not familiar with that accident but it must have been a heck of a hit.

Great pics BTW +1 from me!

Edit: I had to +1 your last post, wouldn't let me up vote the original for some reason.

PlatinumZealot

Can someone help me idientify what year Sauber this was? http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/07/24/s ... lf-2012-1/
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

ME4ME

It's the BMW Sauber from 2008. Says so in the URL, but also on the batch plate in this picture :)

PlatinumZealot

Thanks. I will use the image to help me with an Idea I want to propose to the FIA...
I don't know how to get their attention though?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

bdr529

PlatinumZealot wrote:Thanks. I will use the image to help me with an Idea I want to propose to the FIA...
I don't know how to get their attention though?
Hand delivered letter would be a good choice

RocketMan
RocketMan

k.ko100v wrote: Michael Schumacher (Ferrari F310B) & Jean Alesi (Benetton B197) - 1997 - Belgian GP
http://i.imgur.com/WCijE2M.jpg
I love the one of Schumacher & Alesi. Brings back memories.