What if? New team in 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
kultmagazin
kultmagazin

What if? New team in 2014

Lets play a little.
What if you are owner of new team to start competing in 2014. What TD would you employ (but be aware that you can only employ todays unemployed TDs), what stuff, what drivers available next year, what engines???

Jameel

Re: What if? New team in 2014

i want toyota back on f1, so toyota my engine

drivers

1.fauzy fairuz
2.n/a

Favourite Drivers

Kimi Raikkonen
Aryton Senna
Lewis Hamilton
Alain Prost
Nico Rosberg
Mika Hakkinen

chepoi
chepoi

Telmex-McLaren-Tooned

no more vodafone... no more mercedes but with mclaren owned engine powered!

desl
desl

It's very difficult these days to start an succesfull F1 team from the scratch if you don't have some kind of "factory support" like Toyota or Stewart (semi Ford works team).

This is clearly visible with the success of the Caterham-, Marussia- and HRT-teams ... or the lack of success.

I'm not sure which F1 team is the youngest private (not factory backed) team that managed to score championchip points without being known under a different name before.

Hmm maybe I try to find out...
* Ferrari - debuted 1950, factory backed
* McLaren - debuted 1966
* RedBull - debuted 1997 as Stewart (semi factory backed)
* Mercedes - debuted 1970 as Tyrrell
* Lotus - debuted 1981 as Toleman
* Force India - debuted 1991 as Jordan
* Sauber - debuted 1993 (not factory backed like the Sportscars by Sauber/Mercedes)
* ToroRosso - debuted 1985 as Minardi
* Williams - debuted 1978
* Prost - debuted 1976 as Ligier
* Super Aguri - debuted 1978 as Arrows
* Larrousse - debuted 1987

Caterham, Marussia, HRT, Lola, Forti, Simtek, Pacific didn't score a single championship point (yet).

So the last time a private team entered the formula one without factory support (like Toyota and Stewart) that scored points was the Sauber Team in 1993.

What if i'm the owner of new team ?
Well ... mh ... i dunno ... mh ... maybe I would sit down with Franz Hilmer and start a F1-team with him.
Hilmer bought stuff of Super Aguri after their insolvency and tried to run a F1 team with the name Brabham in 2010.
Hilmer owns his company Formtech which already built F1 monocoques ... for example for HRT.

I would try to get Mercedes as engine supllier and Timo Glock and Adrian Sutil as drivers.

And maybe I would search for sponsorship on ebay.de :D