The Art of War - Adam Parr

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SectorOne

Re: The Art of War - Adam Parr

wesley123 wrote:Just because he has a higher up job than you or me does not mean that he has got the money to burn. To print copies, to do the stuff he is trying to do, it costs money, and 9000,- isnt that much of a large goal.
You mean do the things he did the first time around releasing the book?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

wesley123
wesley123

Do you think he has an bottomless chest full of money or do you think he prints these on hopes and dreams? I think neither of those is the case.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

gridwalker
gridwalker

FrukostScones wrote:maybe interesting for some of you:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/738 ... y_launched
Awesome. I have signed up for that.

My sister tried to grab me a copy of the hardback for christmas, but it had already sold out. I've been itching to get my hands on a copy ever since ... plus this one will be signed, so it can proudly sit with my collection of autographed memorabilia :)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

SectorOne

wesley123 wrote:Do you think he has an bottomless chest full of money or do you think he prints these on hopes and dreams? I think neither of those is the case.
For the first book he must have financed it somehow obviously.
For the second edition he doesn´t need to since other people will do that for him.
That´s 9 grand he doesn´t have to pay this time despite raking in profts from the first edition.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

gridwalker
gridwalker

After the failed kickstarter, I had given up hope of getting a copy of this, but Adam has had it reprinted in paperback and is selling copies for £15 ... his site has no ecommerce function, so you have to download an order form, complete it and email it back to him so that he can send you a paypal invoice, but I think that is a small price to pay for this rare and novel insight into the workings of F1.

I returned my form today and was surprised to receive a confirmation signed by Adam himself! I would recommend that anyone keen to get a copy acts soon, as supplies are no doubt limited.

The form can be downloaded here (taken from Adam's facebook page) : http://www.scribd.com/doc/188876810/The ... order-form
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."