2013 Testing - Barcelona 2: 28 Feb - 3 Mar

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
stefan_
stefan_

Re: 2013 Testing - Barcelona 2: 28 Feb - 3 Mar

According to Sky, Hulkenberg and Sutil are Mexicans.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

RicerDude

Rosberg french and Vettel finnish?

They couldn't have got that more wrong if they tried.

Anon123
Anon123

It seems to be the German drivers for whatever reason.

zoro_f1

sky was also on testing in barcelona... flag testing. Image
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

WhiteBlue

I think that the teams made a wrong decision not to test in Bahrain. It is simply too cold in Barcelona. Most teams will be unprepared in Melbourne.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Javert

WhiteBlue wrote:I think that the teams made a wrong decision not to test in Bahrain. It is simply too cold in Barcelona. Most teams will be unprepared in Melbourne.
True. Bahrain would have been ideal for testing ... But I think they could not afford security there, and at Barcelona is easier to get new pieces.

zoro_f1

agreed... also ferrari will have new components to test on friday ahead of the australian gp in melbourne two weeks from now. ;)
WhiteBlue wrote:I think that the teams made a wrong decision not to test in Bahrain. It is simply too cold in Barcelona. Most teams will be unprepared in Melbourne.
Image “The force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded”: [Obi Wan Kenobi]

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

Alonso looked to be well within the limit of the car all day, unlike Massa who really looked like he was pushing yesterday.

Lotus and Red Bull looked like the best cars through the faster corners.

Guisson

Testing in Bahrain? Great idea but now bahrain is having some security issues ..( lots of protests against the regime..if it does not cool down there might be a chance that eveen the GP gets cancelled ..) , Dubai circuit anyone?

Interesting Lap times from the Red Bull / Lotus but i still think that the Mclaren has the upper hand !
Ferrari are maybe hiding their game and that Mercedes looks promising :)
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

NathanOlder

Can they not test at Portimao ? Av temp over the weekend 17'c and its a lovely circuit. Easy to get to, only few hours away.

Just a thought

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Paul

The thing is, it's the same for everyone, which is probably why team's aren't too enthusiastic about proposing other locations. Barcelona makes sense logistically, and if no-one really learns anything, then a day lost due to reliability doesn't hamper team's progress, and in the end status quo remains. Just what the top teams want. Some might even see it as their advantage, if they consider their tyre modelling capabilities superior to those of others...

zoro_f1

@NathanOlder

you know how bernie is working when he wants to bring F1 on other venue.

your idea is logical and i agreed with you... better temperatures are now in portugal than spain, but bernie makes final decision to start negotiating.

FIA were considering to bring back Estoril on calendar. hope it will happen because it's a nice circuit. i don't remember races from Portimao but it looks very challenging indeed. :wink:

lewishamilton90
lewishamilton90

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W04

Anon123
Anon123

I heard on Sky Sports F1 that Estoril is too bumpy for F1 and isn't it usually windy there because it's on the coast?

Rikhart
Rikhart

Anon123 wrote:I heard on Sky Sports F1 that Estoril is too bumpy for F1 and isn't it usually windy there because it's on the coast?
It is a windy place (I live 2 mins from the circuit), but not because its on the coast, the ocean is about 10kms away. And how can it be too bumpy for F1, if there were a ton of races there already, and there werent any problems?