F1Technical Fantasy League 2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
seventhsin

Re: F1Technical Fantasy League 2013

'griglia di blocco maintain the gap' :lol:

team remaining largely unchanged this round, got a cool 4M in the bank 8)

stefan_
stefan_

Results for this race are already in. I sacked Perez in favour of Sutil after Australia and I got burned.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

k.ko100v
k.ko100v

:) Today i log in to see how are the results and... i am best in round :D And even didn't fully understand why :)
My team is Pro Wat Motorsport. Can someone explain me why, I win the last race?

spadeflush

Good race for ya :) Basically all your drivers finished the race with Hamilton gaining the maximum points. Your engine and constructor being Mercedes you bagged a lot of points there as well. Bottas, Bianchi and Gutierrez also made up a lot of positions so thats a bonus. Also, 2 of the drivers beat their teammates :D Good race.
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

aleks_ader

stefan_ wrote:Results for this race are already in. I sacked Perez in favour of Sutil after Australia and I got burned.
It is still long season i also had Perez and just wait for mp4 27... :roll:
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Gridlock

At least you didn't change your team to FI for Sepang :roll:

raceman

IMO, this thread and the League web site become pretty much useless in between races. Only useful time is after the race; to check your status in the leaderboard and to place new bets and/or change team/drivers, etc. There are also sub-leagues, but not everybody is involved in it!

If I may suggest:
1. Betting rules need some change as one can place as many bets as he/she wishes given he/she has that much balance in the account. I may have missed on this, but why only two bets?
2. Bets were all the same for the first two races. Bets should change specific to the event and other circumstances (like it cannot rain at every circuit or Kimi/Fernando/Sebastian can't be on podium at every race, so why those bets?).

Well, can think of only two points ATM; will surely update if anything comes up!

Agree anyone?

MOWOG

I was active in another sub-league prior to joining this august body of Formula One cognoscenti. I have just joined the F1 Technical sub-league and was rather surprised to see that I have leapt in to 3rd place overall. This is due entirely to having selected the no good SOB Vettel at the beginning of the season. And while I deplore the underhanded way he dusted off his teammate in Sepang, I am mighty happy to have his points. Which makes me a two faced, hypocritical bastard myself. :oops:

So be it! :D

And I must admit I understand next to nothing about the rules of the game or how to place bets. At the pace my success has added to my bank account, I won't be able to dump the Toro Rosso engine for a competitive unit until after the USGP in the Fall. :roll:

My team name is Miata Maniacs, for any who might care to know.
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

scotty86

Saw you guys had a league there so i thought i'd join in alongside my other two leagues... my team is 'The Underdogs'. :)

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Wow... last two races have been kind to me...

raceman

My last race's income = $550,000!

:D

raceman

raceman wrote:My last race's income = $550,000!

:D
Again, but this time $500,000!!!
:P

raceman

raceman wrote:IMO, this thread and the League web site become pretty much useless in between races. Only useful time is after the race; to check your status in the leaderboard and to place new bets and/or change team/drivers, etc. There are also sub-leagues, but not everybody is involved in it!

If I may suggest:
1. Betting rules need some change as one can place as many bets as he/she wishes given he/she has that much balance in the account. I may have missed on this, but why only two bets?
2. Bets were all the same for the first two races. Bets should change specific to the event and other circumstances (like it cannot rain at every circuit or Kimi/Fernando/Sebastian can't be on podium at every race, so why those bets?).

Well, can think of only two points ATM; will surely update if anything comes up!

Agree anyone?
Mods, bets should be changed according to circuit and situations; shouldn't they? Same bets every time won't work. What do you think?

raceman

No one sees (or cares about) this thread?? #-o

MOWOG

I care! I care! :mrgreen:

But I dislike the emphasis on betting in order to earn enough money to make meaningful changes in one's team. It seems to me the focus should be on performance on the track.

I do give the administrators top marks for getting the results updated in a timely fashion after the race. The game I participated in last year often took a week or more to make the post race changes. #-o
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.