Can't ID this Circuit

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sknguy
sknguy

Can't ID this Circuit

Sorry I couldn't find a circuit challenge thread. But, I can't figure out which circuit the photo at the below link was taken at. It could've even been at a testing circuit too? Just click on the image in the center of the top row, it's the Life Racing L190 driven by Giocomelli http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/bruno%20giacomelli

I think I can rule out most of the circuits from that year. Namely: R1-Phoenix, R2-Interlagos, R4-Monaco, R5-Gilles Villeneuve, R6-Hermanos Rodriguez, R7-Paul Ricard, R8-Silverstone, R9-Hockenheim, R10-Hungaroring, R13-Estoril, R14-Jerez, R15-Sazuka, R16-Adelaide.

That leaves R3-Imola, R11-Spa, or R12 Monza as candidates... I think. I just can't place the turn or chicane he seems to be approaching. This is bugging me. Thanks.

Blue fellow
Blue fellow

Re: Can't ID this Circuit

1990 French Grand Prix at Paul Ricard according to
http://www.grandprixphoto.com/?e=161

sknguy
sknguy

I forgot it was a counter clockwise circuit. But then I really don't know the Paul Ricard Circuit very well. Thanks.

sknguy
sknguy

Figured it out, it's the first turn of Rivazza.

siskue2005

sknguy wrote:I forgot it was a counter clockwise circuit. But then I really don't know the Paul Ricard Circuit very well. Thanks.
No, it's clockwise

Gridlock

I guess we'll not get Paul Ricard confused in future, anyways.

sknguy
sknguy

siskue2005 wrote:No, it's clockwise
Yup, I realised later... Thanks.
Gridlock wrote:I guess we'll not get Paul Ricard confused in future, anyways.
RADIO: "Just stay off the colored parts!"

Actually checking more I don't think the photo was from Imola afterall. I'm still clueless...

Gridlock

sknguy wrote: RADIO: "Just stay off the colored parts!"
Like the fact there's no grandstands, this circuit reflects Bernie's opinions of F1.

Thus, the only instruction a driver needs is "try and stay inside the lines"