Live timing problem

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vito84
vito84

Live timing problem

Hi all,
since Valencia gp of last year live timing doesnt work on my hp laptop... I remember i did a simple java update and since then the live timing screen was stuck. When i launch it, for example during practice the screen it is stuck at 45:32 of the session, if i press f5 it updates but it remains stuck.
Can someone help?

WhiteBlue

Re: Live timing problem

Live timing obviously needs a functioning Java support. So if you screwed it up somehow you should remove Java and re install it from scratch. If that doesn't work you may have to re install the operating system, depending on what is corrupted.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

FrukostScones

delete cache and try again
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

MuseF1
MuseF1

I have issues with live timing on both mu desktop amd my gf's laptop, the timing screen appears (the black bit with laps/spped trap tabs) but its all black theres no data there no times no driver position, nothing

Tony_W
Tony_W

go into control panel.
open "java"
select the "Security" , go down to the Exception site list:
Select "Edit site list"
Select "add"
Copy this next line and paste into the address box:

http://www.formula1.com

then "add" again and copy & paste the following line in:

http://live-timing.formula1.com

OK and OK.

If that fails then drop the security down one to medium.

It should now work.