Useful resource for data

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
scotty86

Useful resource for data

Apologies if this is a repost here, but the search function didn't show this link posted anywhere on the forum for me.

A while ago i found a rather useful site which gives a massive range of data from each race and thought i might as well share it. It is not in English but you can usually figure out what things do what pretty easily by clicking around. For more recent years you can compare drivers' lap times head to head and in many cases more recently even see smaller things such as what tyre compound was taken at a pit stop, speed trap data in any given session, etc etc. Incredibly good for timing analysis.

Further back in time the detail isn't so great (as you may expect), but for recent seasons, this really does give you a lot of info on any particular race.

Here's the link.

http://en.mclarenf-1.com/index.php?page=results&gp=893

I have never found anything similar and it's a great little resource for data whores like me (and i hope many of you!). I use it a fair bit for greater insight if i need to write any pieces on a race or take part in podcasts and such.