Favorite Current Driver and Why?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ForzaFer

Re: Favorite Current Driver and Why?

Alonso Fan wrote:did you see alonso's opening lap at spa today?

that's why i call him the best driver in the world
totally agreed. HE is indeed the best out there

SectorOne

As a Hamilton fan through and through, yes Alonso is lightyears ahead of anyone else on track. It´s simply magic watching him.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Alonso Fan

glad you agree

:)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

lebesset
lebesset

has to be hamilton , the only driver with the ability to equal the standard of jim clark , it's been a long wait for one to arrive
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

sennafan24
sennafan24

SectorOne wrote:As a Hamilton fan through and through, yes Alonso is lightyears ahead of anyone else on track. It´s simply magic watching him.
I would not say "lightyears"

I think Lewis, Vettel and Alonso are all quite close in ability these days, maybe the slightest of edges to Alonso. It can be magic watching all 3 of them.

wickedz50
wickedz50

My choice for last few seasons after Micheal will be Nando, most important is the way he have been challenging Vettel for the WDC.

stefan_
stefan_

lebesset wrote:has to be hamilton , the only driver with the ability to equal the standard of jim clark , it's been a long wait for one to arrive
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

stefan_ wrote:
lebesset wrote:has to be hamilton , the only driver with the ability to equal the standard of jim clark , it's been a long wait for one to arrive
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/ub ... ptop-1.gif
lol...was thinking the same

sennafan24
sennafan24

Yeah I know, Jim Clark? load of old rubbish, does not deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as The Boss ;)

stefan_
stefan_

I think there should be an unwritten rule or something like that not to compare boys like "Hammy" with names like Clark, Surtees, Stewart, Hill Sr. or Senna. And if I think about it, you don't say that a driver is the best by comparing it to other, but because he has his skills, has that special "something" that makes it rise above the others.

And to make an example, look at Alonso in 2012 - he drove the wheels of that red dog to the point in which he took Vettel into the last race in the battle for the championship. I can think of a current driver that if it was in Alonso's place he would complain on Twitter about the world being bad and the dark forces being against him for having a bad car.
What Alonso demonstrated last year was maturity, mental strength, driving skills and ambition - not giving up. That makes him rise above many on the grid today. And that's why I feel that this year something is happening off track or within the team. He should be flying with this car.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

sennafan24
sennafan24

stefan_ wrote:I think there should be an unwritten rule or something like that not to compare boys like "Hammy" with names like Clark, Surtees, Stewart, Hill Sr. or Senna.
Are you sure you are not letting your dislike for Lewis and his fans cloud your judgment though? Some label Senna a "prima donna" for certain acts. My point is you can nitpick actions from all drivers that could be seen as immature, you mention Alonso who I have the utmost admiration for personally, but some see him as "sore loser" and a "cry baby" as well.

Lewis and Twitter were not a good combination last year I shall admit, but we are not to know how Twitter would have been used, for all we know Alain Prost could have used it to complain about everything and everyone!

I get your general point, and am not having a go but there is a bit of a double standard in your post.

Alonso Fan

stefan_ wrote:I think there should be an unwritten rule or something like that not to compare boys like "Hammy" with names like Clark, Surtees, Stewart, Hill Sr. or Senna. And if I think about it, you don't say that a driver is the best by comparing it to other, but because he has his skills, has that special "something" that makes it rise above the others.

And to make an example, look at Alonso in 2012 - he drove the wheels of that red dog to the point in which he took Vettel into the last race in the battle for the championship. I can think of a current driver that if it was in Alonso's place he would complain on Twitter about the world being bad and the dark forces being against him for having a bad car.
What Alonso demonstrated last year was maturity, mental strength, driving skills and ambition - not giving up. That makes him rise above many on the grid today. And that's why I feel that this year something is happening off track or within the team. He should be flying with this car.
totally agree with you, although, when the f138 is at least a match for the f2012, alonso puts in one of those stunners, like at spa.

i think it's more to do with the fact that the car has other problems other than speed this year, like drs, and front wing etc. although mid season it has been like early 2012...

...until now
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Alonso Fan

i think it's just rumours off the track...
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Gaz.
Gaz.

stefan_ wrote: What Alonso demonstrated last year was maturity, mental strength, driving skills and ambition - not giving up. That makes him rise above many on the grid today. And that's why I feel that this year something is happening off track or within the team. He should be flying with this car.
Alonso looks like he has had the life sucked out of him, he hasn't been the same since he got out of the car in Brazil and just stared at Vettel like an empty husk of a man while Vettel celebrated his third WDC.

I don't have a favourite driver, but I always feel something exciting is about to happen whenever the feed is showing Hamilton, Alonso & Grosjean. Others have a sparkle of brilliance but two of those three shine consistently and I feel Grosjean has the potential to be a superstar, if he can realise it anyway.
Forza Jules

fausto cedros

I love Perez but it's just fanboyism.
Among the equals in racecraft, i have to say that Vettel stands out for committment.
"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere" Anthony Bruce Colin Chapman