BBC iPlayer in UK

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nevill3

Re: BBC iPlayer in UK

Sky have said that if you had Sky F1 with the HD package you will not lose it unless you change your package in any way, this includes upgrading. New subscribers have to take the sports package to get the F1 channel.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

est1984
est1984

Yeah I rang up and asked about any offers that would be about last month. They did confirm for me as long as I make no further changes to my package it would continue as it was previously setup. They do have a good offer on the broadband and sky sports so I guess that's slightly tempting, thought I am more interested in snapping up fibre when thats around in my area.

R_Redding
R_Redding

Well.... at least your not having to learn German.

I'm expecting the BBC to ditch F1 when there current contract ends in 2018.. I fear it will be locked away with Sky from there on in the UK.

I'm on the east coast of the UK and I get a very good signal to watch the German RTL/Sport 1 coverage that is transmitted on the Astra satellite at 19° East, using a cheap Aldi HD Tevion sat box..

Normally watch the German TV feed and listen to the BBC Radio 5 Live commentary. Sometimes the two match fairly close timewise ,but other times they can be minutes out too fast or slow.

Sky will not release any numbers for how many people took up the F1 channel...or viewing figures at all...but as the UK viewer numbers were massively down last year in the UK (according to Bernie) ..it will be intersting to see if the cause was sky or Vettle domination.

Rob

(der Abschaum der menschlichen Gesellschaft mit ein backpfeifengesicht).

adrianjordan

R_Redding wrote:Well.... at least your not having to learn German.

I'm expecting the BBC to ditch F1 when there current contract ends in 2018.. I fear it will be locked away with Sky from there on in the UK.

I'm on the east coast of the UK and I get a very good signal to watch the German RTL/Sport 1 coverage that is transmitted on the Astra satellite at 19° East, using a cheap Aldi HD Tevion sat box..

Normally watch the German TV feed and listen to the BBC Radio 5 Live commentary. Sometimes the two match fairly close timewise ,but other times they can be minutes out too fast or slow.

Sky will not release any numbers for how many people took up the F1 channel...or viewing figures at all...but as the UK viewer numbers were massively down last year in the UK (according to Bernie) ..it will be intersting to see if the cause was sky or Vettle domination.

Rob

(der Abschaum der menschlichen Gesellschaft mit ein backpfeifengesicht).
Isn't there supposedly a clause in the contracts between the teams and FOM that the races must be available free to air in certain countries..??

Plus, I could actually see the BBC trying to get it back off of Sky fullstop.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

R_Redding
R_Redding

Did you Brits know that the BBC is allowing all practise sessions , Qually ,and the race to be shown live using the BBC FIA feed and commentators (for the races that we will be shown many hour later in highlights packages.)
The TSN2 channel in Canada is showing the full live BBC coverage we used to enjoy .....
So if the beeb are still going to the expense of shipping crews out to races to provide a live feed for all aspects ...why did they need a panicked deal with sky ..

Rob