Maria de Villota passed away.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
stefan_
stefan_

Maria de Villota passed away.

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Kiril Varbanov

Re: Maria de Villota passed away.

Mahalollama
Mahalollama

So sad. Was really hoping she could return after accident. RIP.

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

Quite sad indeed...she was due to release her book soon..Had seen her tweet pics of enjoying life post the accident...RIP

timbo
timbo

rssh

RIP! Maria. I thought she was out of life threatening injury after her operation was declared a success. :,(

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Whaaaaaat?

How? Why?

Is this linked to the crash or something else?

FrukostScones

horrible news, sympathy to her family.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

horse

Incredibly sad, tragic day. :(

I've heard no explanation for her death so far, neither has anyone mentioned foul play. This leads me to think it is most likely a suicide.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

johnny99
johnny99

It's been reported that she called the emergency services herself and police say it looks like natural causes

RIP Maria

John

horse

johnny99 wrote:It's been reported that she called the emergency services herself and police say it looks like natural causes
OK, thanks. I wonder if this is then a direct result of the accident? I never felt there was a good explanation of the causes of the accident in the first place, so perhaps there was something already before that?
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Vasconia

horse wrote:
johnny99 wrote:It's been reported that she called the emergency services herself and police say it looks like natural causes
OK, thanks. I wonder if this is then a direct result of the accident? I never felt there was a good explanation of the causes of the accident in the first place, so perhaps there was something already before that?
I have no idea but a friend of mine has told me that it could be linked to the accident, but nothing is sure. I will try to know something more.

Absolutely devastated, she was a true warrior and the way he was facing her situation was very admirable.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

turbof1

Very, very sad to hear this. I am not religious, but surviving such a horrendous crash always felt like she was "send back" for a higher purpose. It's now up to others to continue her examples, projects and initiatives. I think we all can only learn from the way she bounced back from the horror she went through.

RIP, Maria.
#AeroFrodo

Ted68

I read a while back that after the accident she had begun to campaign for safety. To recover from a personal tragedy and turn that into something positive for the community--with her eye patch and smile--was uplifting to see.

Sad news indeed. Condolences to her family.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.