Maria de Villota passed away.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
ojlopez
ojlopez

Re: Maria de Villota passed away.

This and Bianchi's crash are very similar in terms of anti stall kicking in and engine logic preventing the car from stopping. Seems like they are more interested in keeping the engine alive than the driver.

Andres125sx

What I really can´t get, is how it´s possible than anti-stall system does not disengage the clutch too... it´s too obvious... What I´m missing?
Last edited by Andres125sx on 08 Jul 2015, 16:20, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

I don't see why it would engage the clutch when you want to stop stalling.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Moose
Moose

PlatinumZealot wrote:I don't see why it would engage the clutch when you want to stop stalling.
Presumably he misspoke, and meant to say disengage.

Andres125sx

Moose wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:I don't see why it would engage the clutch when you want to stop stalling.
Presumably he misspoke, and meant to say disengage.
Yes, my mistake sorry :oops:

Edited so it makes sense

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Andres125sx wrote:What I really can´t get, is how it´s possible than anti-stall system does not disengage the clutch too... it´s too obvious... What I´m missing?
that indeed is a good point.

without being blocked by knowledge of all the technical rules the FIA imposes on F1,
i wonder whether this might have something to do with the possibility that automatic transmissions in F1 are,
if my mind serves me correctly, banned. Possibly, but this is pure hypothesis out of the mind putting it along
before i have to go to a cause right now so i can't take a more thorough look at this, but - could it be that
'automatic' clutch disengagement would be concidered as an 'automatic transmission' by scrutineers, or, perhaps,
be seen as 'driving aid'?? it would not totally surprise me if it would be labeled as such, and because of that,
perhaps the engineers have not been able to add such a feat.

if that is actually the case, then there should be - and with great haste actually - be taken action to find a way
to incorporate such a thing to be allowed or more simply - just ban the anti-stall device as of next race.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Moose
Moose

It could actually be to do with the rules surrounding traction control. If the car was allowed to automatically control the clutch, you could trivially implement TC.

langwadt
langwadt

Andres125sx wrote:What I really can´t get, is how it´s possible than anti-stall system does not disengage the clutch too... it´s too obvious... What I´m missing?

As I read the rules the anti stall automatically disengage the clutch and the clutch must stay disengaged until the system
is reset by fully engaging the clutch paddle on the steering wheel