2013 Season - Race Data pdf files

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Furtado das Neves

2013 Season - Race Data pdf files

Hello to all F1Technical members and users.
I find your fantastic forum recently and my goal is to contribute to share the most information from F1 races as possible.
During the last season, 2013, I create an Excel file with ALL the Documents issued by FIA from the 19 races.
It was done with hard commitment, and revised often.
I believe it's very easy to use, because each number is a link to the pdf file.
The colours indicate the type of Doc, i.e. Timing Sheets, Stewards Decisions, Race Director Notes, etc.

If you want to try it, just send me a mail to this adress: cmfdasneves@sapo.pt with the title 2013 Season , and I'll answer as soon as possible with the .xls file attached.
Remember that the FIA Docs are copyright material, so don´t use it for any other uses than your own personal purposes.

I´m also looking for the pdf files from previous years, such as: 2009, 2010 and 3 races (Korea, Abu Dhabi, Brazil) of 2011.
If you have this material, please send it to me and I'll try to create an Excel file to each year.

My best regards to everyone from F1Technical.

Carlos Furtado das Neves
Carlos Furtado das Neves
email: carlos.neves@cm-loule.pt

Crazyfrog23
Crazyfrog23

Re: 2013 Season - Race Data pdf files

I just emailed you there with what I have. Just a question, what method did you use to transfer all the PDF data into excel?

I used Adobe acrobat to convert all the PDF's to excel and then through some VBA macros and copying and pasting to get it into a master excel sheet.
Just wondering if you used a different method as I did look into coding the transfer using the Acrobat SDK, if you possibly used that?

Harsha
Harsha

Thank you very much for the Details mate.
You made it looking pretty good too.

Crazyfrog23
Crazyfrog23

Having just had a look through your file, seem's your taking a different approach to how I grouped my data together, my mistake (my method was more one large excel data dump).

Note to others, what Furtado das Neves has is an excel workbook with two sheets. On the first sheet is a list of every race from the 2013 season and in each cell below a race is a colour coded link. When you press this link it will bring you to the Official F1 PDF file, hosted I presume on one of Furtado das Neves's own servers. The second sheet is each race of the 2013 season with an organised list of the timing results, again with a link to every one of the Official F1 PDF's.

It's pretty cool and I can see a lot of work went into it to upload all the files. A great way to store all of the PDF's in a way that anyone can have easy access to all the PDF's without crawling through the F1 website. And if he can access previous years that will improve it further :)

Furtado das Neves

Crazyfrog23 wrote:Having just had a look through your file, seem's your taking a different approach to how I grouped my data together, my mistake (my method was more one large excel data dump).

Note to others, what Furtado das Neves has is an excel workbook with two sheets. On the first sheet is a list of every race from the 2013 season and in each cell below a race is a colour coded link. When you press this link it will bring you to the Official F1 PDF file, hosted I presume on one of Furtado das Neves's own servers. The second sheet is each race of the 2013 season with an organised list of the timing results, again with a link to every one of the Official F1 PDF's.

It's pretty cool and I can see a lot of work went into it to upload all the files. A great way to store all of the PDF's in a way that anyone can have easy access to all the PDF's without crawling through the F1 website. And if he can access previous years that will improve it further :)
I'm glad that you find my work important. Yours is also very usefull and complete, too.
Thank you all to the nice words.
That's what I had in mind when I start to do it.
A sort of chronological history of the F1 races with the Official Docs.
Also made it's easy to compare results from one race to another.
With the previous years that could be very interesting, in the way one can browse and open all the documents he wants to compare results using just this "tool".
In the future I'm going to "create" my own pdf files using the previous years Data from http://www.formula1.com.
Best regards,
Carlos Furtado das Neves
email: carlos.neves@cm-loule.pt