2014 Predictions

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Ted68

2014 Predictions

Anyone care to make predictions for 2014 based on pretty much nothing? For entertainment purposes only.

Driver: Alonso

Constructors top 5:
1. Ferrari. Of the four great drivers on the grid, Ferrari employs half of them. Corporate Incentive; For every race not won, Luca will personally chew the face off of a random team member.

2. Red Bull. Because they're Red Bull. But, Daniel can't fill Mark's shoes just yet.

3. McLaren. Ron's back. Losing all year won't be tolerated. It's bad for business.

4. Mercedes. Under new management. However, Hamilton can drive a dead mule into the points.

5. Williams. New regs should play to their advantage.
Heaven: Where the cooks are French, the police are British, the lovers are Greek, the mechanics are German, and it is all organized by the Swiss.

Hell: Where the cooks are British, the police are German, the lovers are Swiss, the mechanics are French, and it is all organized by the Greeks.

CBeck113
CBeck113

Re: 2014 Predictions

I'm game:
WDC: !)Kimi (Alonso will be leaving in 2015, and Ferrari won't want to let him take the "1" with him); 2)HAM, 3)ALO, 4)BUT, 5)VET (plagued by failures, otherwise fast)
WCC: 1) Ferrari, 2) Mercedes, 3) McLaren, 4) Redbull, 5) Sauber

My main influences are:
1) Ferrari & Mercedes have been able to integrate teh engine development with the car development, so larger changes could be made later in the program
2) Mr. Newey's history of exceeding limits to find them (I predict that the RBs will only see 70% of the checkered flags, but will be placed relatively far toward the front
3) McLaren will be the opposite, collecting the points that the RBs leave behind, and will get stronger as the year progresses (Ron factor)

I think I should have VET on 4, but he'll be watching too many races from the pit to move further forward.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

xDama
xDama

WDC:
- RAI
- ROS
- ALO

WDC:
- Ferrari
- Mercedes
- Mclaren
- Red Bull
- Williams

Would'nt mind that outcome!

I predict some expetional racing from: Bottas, Magnussen & Kvyat
Biggest disappointments of 2014: Maldonado, Grosjean, Ericsson
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

SectorOne

This is not even a prediction but the ramblings of a lunatic with no basis in reality. (you don´t say)

Driver: complete utter domination by Hamilton

1. Mercedes, seconds strongest driver pairing will ensure a recordbreaking run to the WCC title.
Rosberg will put up a fight but will ultimately fall short. If Hamilton makes one mistake Rosberg will always be there to pick up the pieces.

2. Ferrari, the strongest driver pairing means they will steer clear of any threat below but will come up short in the performance department to the mighty Mercedes.

3. Red Bull, by top standards a bit of a dog however everyone will see the brilliance and confirmation of Vettel as an absolute top runner, he will finally receive accolades from the other top drivers followed by an initiation process at Alonso´s Samurai cave.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Vasconia

Driver championship:

1. Alonso: Ferrari wont be the fatest car but yes the most reliable one.

2. Hamilton: close battle with Alonso but the Mercedes will fail in some races.

3. Vettel: the fatest one, but with many car failures.

4. Raikkonen: faster than Alonso but not comfortable with Ferrari.

5. Button: Mclaren is back, but the glorious return must wait until 2015.

Teams championship:

1. Ferrari: with Alonso and Kimi in the same team they must achieve this goal.

2. Mercedes: faster but slighlty less reliable.

3. RB: Vettel will score the 75% of the points for the team.

4. Mclaren: They need more(car and driver)

5. Lotus: not as good as in 2013 but still a competitive team and Maldonado will find "the peace".

donskar
donskar

Predictions before testing even begins? OK:

Driver's Championship: Vettel
Constructor's Championship: Red Bull

Newey will design the best car. That's easy.
The Renault will be equal to or better than the best. Another no-brainer.
Vettel is excellent and will be even more the team's primary focus than previously. Simple fact.

Long shot / Dark horse: Ferrari
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

Anon123
Anon123

WDC: Hamilton
WCC: Mercedes/Ferrari

I'm surprised the OP thinks Mclaren will finish ahead of Mercedes, I expect Merc to have a much better package for various reasons, they seem to be much more efficient on race day and they arguably have a stronger driver pairing. Ross is gone but I think his work is done and a strong team has been put in place.

SilverArrow10

1. Hamilton
2. Alonso
3. Rosberg
4. Kimi
5. Vettel

Mercedes the dominant car, but Ferrari get them whenever they fail to finish or mess up. Redbull and Vettel plagued by ERS failures fail to win a race like the last driver to win 9 races in a row but still finished third in constructors. Lotus gets buried because of the bad budget and there silly driver choice, McLaren finishes 4th. Force India 5th.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

FrukostScones

1. MAL (double points make it happen!) :mrgreen:
2. HAM
3. ROS
4. VET
5. MAG
6. GRO
7. RIC
8. ALO
9. BOT
10. HUL

1. Mercedes
2. Lotus
3. RB
4. McLaren
5. Williams
6. Ferrari (sadly the engine is always without fuel...)
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Gridlock

Bottas & Williams do the double.

(Sorry, but the truth - "Vettel & RBR" - is too dull)
Last edited by Gridlock on 22 Jan 2014, 19:03, edited 2 times in total.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Mercedes to be >1 second a lap faster than every other car. Both titles wrapped up before the flyaways. Season deemed the most exciting ever by the same people who moaned about Red Bull.

Vettel to do a masterful job putting the Red Bull places it's 'power unit' shouldn't be capable and prove once and for all that he can't handle an F1 car without an EBD.

SiLo

I really have no idea for once which is nice.

I reckon Ferrari and Mercedes will be the fastest teams. Other than that it's anybody's guess really. I would love a 4 way fight between Kimi/Alo/Ham/Ros for the title though. To the last race.

We can dream... [-o<
Felipe Baby!

Daliracing

i think redbull wil be strong. if they lose i think i will be partly because of engine failures

FoxHound

Daliracing wrote:i think redbull wil be strong. if they lose i think i will be partly because of engine failures
A bit harsh given Newey's stringent packaging requirements.
I believe Renault will provide a competitive power unit it's up to the team how they want to package it.
If it is compromised because of some new development
that makes the car faster then that is the price Red Bull pays.
Expect them to still be leaders or very near the leading pace this year.
JET set

Daliracing

FoxHound wrote:
Daliracing wrote:i think redbull wil be strong. if they lose i think i will be partly because of engine failures
A bit harsh given Newey's stringent packaging requirements.
I believe Renault will provide a competitive power unit it's up to the team how they want to package it.
If it is compromised because of some new development
that makes the car faster then that is the price Red Bull pays.
Expect them to still be leaders or very near the leading pace this year.
I'm a redbull suporter but i said it because of the failures they had in 2009. i really want them to still be at the front and win but i think things will turn out differently

ps: sorry for the bad english