Thoughts on a circuit in the desert of Algeria?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Pup
Pup

Re: Thouhts on a circuit in the desert of Algeria?

n smikle wrote:
archi.moumouh1 wrote:friend what do you think about my choise (location in the desert). thank you all team .
It doesn't excite the average fan because it is too similar to Bahrain and Abu Dahbi in my opinion.
How are Bahrain and Abu Dhabi at all similar? One is a night race in the middle of a major city, and the other is a daytime race through a rick quarry.
n smikle wrote:
RZS10 wrote:A Formula 1 race in such a landscape would be epic, of course...
Yeah it would be epic if FIA allowed race tracks without barriers all around, so we could see the actual landscape.
Isn't the problem of Bahrain that you can see the landscape?
beelsebob wrote:actively boring
:P

FW17

Re: Thoughts on a circuit in the desert of Algeria?

I think everyone is bored of current track design trend, since this is complete fantasy;

I suggest

a half pipe bob sled track be made into a closed loop, scaled up to accommodate cars

ImageImage

flynfrog

FW17

No

This

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

algeria is not feasible. Bernie'd have a miles-long list that he'll choose over algeria any day simply due to commercial interest. Can't even get a New Jersey race up and running, and NewYork will be rated fairly higher in ability to produce a track. I'd hold South Africa as a much more interesting place. But Mexico will be much more of interest, with the Mexican drivers around and Carlos Slim in the play.
After that i could see a GP in Denmark for 2015 or 2016 if Magnussen performs, homing in commercial interest.
France might bee up for interest too. Not to forget Wales is building a track that can accomidate F1.

I can see gaining interest for RedBull to do a promo in Algeria, but apart from that, there's zero chance.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

FW17

Manoah2u wrote:algeria is not feasible. Bernie'd have a miles-long list that he'll choose over algeria any day simply due to commercial interest. Can't even get a New Jersey race up and running, and NewYork will be rated fairly higher in ability to produce a track. I'd hold South Africa as a much more interesting place. But Mexico will be much more of interest, with the Mexican drivers around and Carlos Slim in the play.
After that i could see a GP in Denmark for 2015 or 2016 if Magnussen performs, homing in commercial interest.
France might bee up for interest too. Not to forget Wales is building a track that can accomidate F1.

I can see gaining interest for RedBull to do a promo in Algeria, but apart from that, there's zero chance.
The same could have been said about Malaysia in 1999, but that is one of the success stories of F1 expansion. North Africa makes a serious case for F1 with expansion into businesses other than hydrocarbons and a push to increase tourism.

Algeria is an authoritarian regime but was not affected by the arab springs movement of recent years, wonder why.