Helmets 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
fritticaldi

Helmets 2014

I just wanted to begin a topic about this years crash helmets. I think its an excellent topic. I have seem most of them and they all look great. The fact that they have numbers on them is similar to MotoGP. I like Jenson Button's lid because he has a papa smurf with the markings RIP papa. Nico Rosberg is also vastly improved with flat black color. Magnussen and Raikonen are also very tasteful. Does anybody here like or dislike a particular helmet? I wonder if Vettel will continue changing his helmet colors at every race? The helmet colors and graphics have come along way since those plain helmet's like Rene Arnoux used circa 1979.

slimfitcasual

Re: Helmets 2014

Awesome! I'll start it off...

Nico Hulkenberg - #27

Sergio Perez - #11

Daniel Juncadella- #??
Per ardua ad astra

stefan_
stefan_

Romain Grosjean | #8

Kimi Raikkonen | #7

Fernando Alonso | #14

Marcus Ericsson | #9

Kamui Kobayashi | #10 (one of the best looking helmets in 2014 in my oppinion)

Jean-Éric Vergne | #25

Daniil Kvyat | #26

Sebastian Vettel | #1

Daniel Ricciardo | #3

Adrian Sutil | #99

Esteban Gutierrez | #21
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

zonk
zonk

zonk
zonk

Honey Badger

Blackout

A nice pic

zonk
zonk

beelsebob
beelsebob

Ouch, Guttierez' isn't confusing – it looks exactly like LH's from a year or two ago.

krisfx
krisfx

Maldonado must have his lid painted by three year old children!

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

Why do so many drivers use JLF designs? Can they do nothing else than those silly spike things all over the place?

xDama
xDama

acosmichippo wrote:Why do so many drivers use JLF designs? Can they do nothing else than those silly spike things all over the place?
+1

Not really a fan of a lot of 2014-designs. To much colors, to much 'spiky' designs...

Rosberg, Magnussen, Chilton & Raikkonen have the best designs imo.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

krisfx
krisfx

xDama wrote:
acosmichippo wrote:Why do so many drivers use JLF designs? Can they do nothing else than those silly spike things all over the place?
+1

Not really a fan of a lot of 2014-designs. To much colors, to much 'spiky' designs...

Rosberg, Magnussen, Chilton & Raikkonen have the best designs imo.

I don't like JLF either, the quality is brilliant and the attention to detail is really good, but a lot of the designs are just so similar. There are some really nice lids in the lower formulae and karting that don't have the daft jagged bits on, F1 drivers just apparently lack taste ^_^

adrianjordan

Still like Button's best of all. Something so right about that lid.

Really wish Red Bull didn't require all their drivers to have the stupid Red Bull design on the sides of their helmets...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

stefan_
stefan_

Best ones in my oppinion are Kobayashi's and Grosjean's.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

beelsebob
beelsebob

For me, Erikson's done the best job. Keeping it simple is good.