Helmets 2014

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Helmets 2014

Alot of them too similar. Maybe of those posted, Hulk's and Rosberg's stand out. Jb not too bad either. The rest are just spiky swooshy designs which I couldn't care less about.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

stefan_
stefan_

And let's not forget Valtteri's helmet (which is the same as last year) - simple but very nice. Reminds me of the helmets used back in the days.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

fritticaldi

It appears that the most popular make is Arai and Bell. Schuberth is present with a few drivers. Is there any other helmet supplier presently in F1? Long gone are AGV and Simpson

krisfx
krisfx

fritticaldi wrote:It appears that the most popular make is Arai and Bell. Schuberth is present with a few drivers. Is there any other helmet supplier presently in F1? Long gone are AGV and Simpson
I heard from Stand 21 that Arai and Bell give their helmets to the drivers and so others such as AVG and Simpson couldn't really match it. I'm not too sure but I think the Schuberth drivers still pay a fee, though that could have changed since the article I read.

Stilo, Sparco and UVEX (off the top of my head) make helmets compliant to FIA 8860, but it's based on whether they give free lids, they sponsor a team, driver comfort and the aerodynamic profile of the helmet. You will notice that Schuberth have a partnership with Ferrari, Red Bull use Arai and Lotus now seemingly run Bell for both drivers.

thomin

Felipe Massa

Valtteri Bottas

Adrian Sutil

Esteban Gutierrez

Lewis Hamilton

Nico Rosberg

Max Chilton

Jules Bianchi

Sebastian Vettel

Daniel Ricciardo

Jean-Eric Vergne

Daniil Kvyat

Nico Hülkenberg

Sergio Pérez

Kamui Kobayashi

Marcus Ericsson

Fernando Alonso

Kimi Räikkönen

Jenson Button

Kevin Magnussen

Pastor Maldonado

stefan_
stefan_

Why are you posting the majority of them again?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

thomin

stefan_ wrote:Why are you posting the majority of them again?
I just thought it would be nice to have all the helmets in one place, shot in the same manner, so that it's easier to compare them. Plus some have been missing, others have changed.

fritticaldi

Nice idea to put them together. :)

adrianjordan

fritticaldi wrote:Nice idea to put them together. :)
Ditto.

Is Hamilton's a permanent change? Or a one-off?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

slimfitcasual

Anyone know what the splatters (being considerate here) on Maldonado's helmet represent?
Per ardua ad astra

Blackout

Stars...

acosmichippo
acosmichippo

slimfitcasual wrote:Anyone know what the splatters (being considerate here) on Maldonado's helmet represent?
nothing. it's just what the designer does, like hamilton's, gutierrez's, sutil's, etc.

thomin

slimfitcasual wrote:Anyone know what the splatters (being considerate here) on Maldonado's helmet represent?
They look like bullet holes...dunno what the supreme leader thinks of this treatment of their stars...or maybe Pastor has watched the Simpsons and also wanted some "speed holes"...

megz

Perhaps they're representative of the number of race ending crashes he's committed in the last 12 months?

SectorOne

It´s stars as Blackout pointed out. There´s a star then the stuff around it is merely the twinkle effect of the star.

Does anyone know what the significance is of Rosberg´s symbol on the chin of his helmet?
I´ve seen that symbol before i think.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"