Why Williams put Senna's head on the nose of the car?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Why Williams put Senna's head on the nose of the car?

As most people are aware by now, Williams F1 team have changed their longstanding "Senna S" logo that was on the tip of the car's nose, to a "Senna Head Logo."

The head is not only an outline; one can see Aryton's face in moderate detail. Eyes, ears, curls, nose - a full face of Atyton looking straight on to some distant object I guess. I reckon this Senna's head looks more appealing than the S turns logo. Don't you agree?

Yeah.. all good new logo - fancy schmancy Martini livery and shizzle. But what really beats me is why in God's name would you want to put a man's (the most Iconic F1 driver of all times) head on the part of the car that is more likely, than any other part, to get smashed to smithereens in an accident? Why didn't they put the Senna head on the side of the cockpit or near the airbox? Isn't that more "safe?" I know Senna isn't Jesus (though some loony folk think he is), but I wouldn't put a Jesus sticker on the front bumper of my car...so... why?
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Lycoming
Lycoming

Re: Why Williams put Senna's head on the nose of the car?

It's a highly visible part of the car. Front wings and noses get taken out all the time, yet it's probably one of the more expensive places to get your logo placed. If it does get smashed into a million pieces, the logo won't really be visible anymore.

I don't see what the big deal is, though I guess you don't really need that much of a reason to make a thread in this place.

rich1701
rich1701

I guess Williams wanted him to be right at the front. I think that's appropriate

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

n smikle wrote:As most people are aware by now, Williams F1 team have changed their longstanding "Senna S" logo that was on the tip of the car's nose, to a "Senna Head Logo."

The head is not only an outline; one can see Aryton's face in moderate detail. Eyes, ears, curls, nose - a full face of Atyton looking straight on to some distant object I guess. I reckon this Senna's head looks more appealing than the S turns logo. Don't you agree?

Yeah.. all good new logo - fancy schmancy Martini livery and shizzle. But what really beats me is why in God's name would you want to put a man's (the most Iconic F1 driver of all times) head on the part of the car that is more likely, than any other part, to get smashed to smithereens in an accident? Why didn't they put the Senna head on the side of the cockpit or near the airbox? Isn't that more "safe?" I know Senna isn't Jesus (though some loony folk think he is), but I wouldn't put a Jesus sticker on the front bumper of my car...so... why?
can people actually read? williams stated, as it is clearly, that it'll be like that for the remainder of this year,
as a tribute to the 20-year passing of Ayrton Senna. #-o it's been stated in williams official press releases,
and on numerous occasions here on the forum. there is the search function and common sense to start with.
A simple browse through the threads of williams team and car would have given an answer to this question in....seconds.
minutes perhaps.

the senna logo has always been on the williams cars since his death. always on a breakable part. suddenly people are
starting to discuss and complain about it being able to get damaged? come on.
if any, you could turn that around; it's on a zone that is created to safe the driver's life in a crash so there you have it.

people seriously start discussing something rediculous as why it's on the nose tip? really?

sorry for being blunt but are people just making things up just to post something? :wtf:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"