How many races will Mercedes win this season?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

How many of the remaining races will Mercedes win this season?

Poll ended at 28 Mar 2014, 13:15

All of them
8%
13-17
19%
7-12
56%
1-6
17%

Total votes: 126

siskue2005

Re: How many races will Mercedes win this season?

Artur Craft wrote:The comparisons are not very appropriate, imo. In Singapore, the gap was only 30s because of 2 SCs

The last race had around 56 laps and Vettel finished only 24s behind, that means less than 0,5s per lap. And if Mercedes was cruising, RB is also not showing the best they can given how poor their testings was.

To have a good idea about each car's pure speed, we have to wait until Bahrain because it has been hard to get a dry qualifying this year.
Well, how did that work out?
Mercs were 24 sec in just 10 laps....that is 2.4 sec per lap over the entire field :o

ringo

Well vettel has done 2.4s a lap in the past. It's impressive yes. But i don't think it makes them unbeatable.
I'll give them to 5/8 season to hold on to dominance.
For Sure!!

SiLo

They were also fighting and going off track constantly so it probably could have been more. And the faster car wasn't the one leading!

Rather ominous when you think about it. That must have resulted in some sunken hearts for this year, it's such a massive advantage. It's ridiculous.
Felipe Baby!

siskue2005

Previously i voted for 7-12 races victory, but now i think i am wrong, it could be atleast 15 out of 19 races

Juzh

Rosberg had new soft tires on his car, while everyone else was on at least 8 laps older mediums or softs. This, and the fact that both RBs were in traffic created such big advantage for mercs, otherwise It would probably be something similar to qualifying aka 1s/lap.

thomin

Juzh wrote:Rosberg had new soft tires on his car, while everyone else was on at least 8 laps older mediums or softs. This, and the fact that both RBs were in traffic created such big advantage for mercs, otherwise It would probably be something similar to qualifying aka 1s/lap.
Very possible, but 1s per lap is still massive. That's one minute over a race distance or two additional pit stops.

siskue2005

Juzh wrote:Rosberg had new soft tires on his car, while everyone else was on at least 8 laps older mediums or softs. This, and the fact that both RBs were in traffic created such big advantage for mercs, otherwise It would probably be something similar to qualifying aka 1s/lap.
But you forgot one thing Lewis was on Mediums
But if Rosberg was set loose he would have gone atleast 8 sec faster than Hamilton with medium tyres (as previously demonstrated by Lewis when he had Softs and Rosberg had Mediums) ....yes i agree other were on relatively older tyres but still their advantage is 1.5 to 2 sec minimum depending on the track ofcourse

CBeck113
CBeck113

Re: AW: How many races will Mercedes win this season?

They will win all but one race. They will collide while fighting for first place, after that the team will make a rule to avoid a second accident.
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

60DShim
60DShim

I think they will win most if not all. Given they have at least a 1s per lap advantage.

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

I don't read every post in every thread. I don't pay any attention to this thread unless somebody reports a post, like the one just reported. 'WTF?' might be OK on Twitterbook, but not here; here it gets a warning.

beelsebob
beelsebob

flyboy2160 wrote:I don't read every post in every thread. I don't pay any attention to this thread unless somebody reports a post, like the one just reported. 'WTF?' might be OK on Twitterbook, but not here; here it gets a warning.
You realise I reported it, right?

flyboy2160
flyboy2160

beelsebob wrote:
flyboy2160 wrote:I don't read every post in every thread. I don't pay any attention to this thread unless somebody reports a post, like the one just reported. 'WTF?' might be OK on Twitterbook, but not here; here it gets a warning.
You realise I reported it, right?
B,

Yup, I got it. Thanks for the report. While I'm at it, let me ask what's in rajveesahani's signature that has you guys reporting him as spam today? I have signatures turned on, but don't see anything in his posts except the DIN links. Is that what you're talking about? If so, I issued a warning to have those links removed and deleted the post. We'll see what happens. If it really is a Spam bot, Richard or Steven will have to block the IP.

Flyboy Steve

edit: looks like a spam BOT, so I"ll just block it for now. Thanks to you guys for reporting. I normally just read the technical threads that of interest to me and need to have the reports to act on.

beelsebob
beelsebob

I'm pretty sure RedBull have Singapore covered this season.

They appear to be on Merc's pace at Monaco, and last year they had a 3 second per lap dominance at Singapore.

johnsonwax
johnsonwax

beelsebob wrote:I'm pretty sure RedBull have Singapore covered this season.

They appear to be on Merc's pace at Monaco, and last year they had a 3 second per lap dominance at Singapore.
I think it's too early to tell on Monaco pace with P2 being mostly washed out. Alonzo seemed to be pushing, but nobody else seemed to be, or in P1 for that matter. Too much traffic as well.

I think RB has a ways to go yet to take the fight to Merc at Singapore. Yeah, they were wicked fast last year, but that was a different car well suited for that circuit and we're still waiting for Vettel to get hooked up.

Kingshark
Kingshark

18 out of 19, an option which for whatever reason is not in the poll.

In all seriousness, even though they clearly have a car which is a class of the field even around tight circuits like Monaco, I suspect that they will manage to throw one win away, either due to unreliability or an accident/crash.