RedBull, Toys, Pram

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
beelsebob
beelsebob

RedBull, Toys, Pram

Looks like RedBull are threatening to pull out from F1 unless things are changed so that they're winning:

http://m.bbc.com/sport/formula-one/26721387

Emerson.F
Emerson.F

Re: RedBull, Toys, Pram

RedBull, Toys, Pram

THIS. =D>
Supporting: Ham/Alo/Kimi/Ros/Seb/Hulk/Ric/Mag

MOWOG

I think what Baron Makeashitload is doing here is "working the refs" in advance of the hearing on Red Bull's appeal of the Melbourne DSQ. It's a warning to the FIA to grant the appeal or there will be (unspecified) consequences.

Unless the Baron is just an ignorant schmuck with a huge ego! :lol:
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

ecapox

Sayonara

Greg Locock
Greg Locock

"Looks like RedBull are threatening to pull out from F1 unless things are changed so that they're winning"

You must have read a different interview to the one in the link.

"he was asked under what circumstances Red Bull may end its involvement in F1.
He replied: "The question is not so much whether it makes economic sense but the reasons would be to do with sportsmanship, political influence, and so on.
"In these issues there is a clear limit to what we can accept."
Mateschitz did not expand on his answer"

beelsebob
beelsebob

Greg Locock wrote:"Looks like RedBull are threatening to pull out from F1 unless things are changed so that they're winning"

You must have read a different interview to the one in the link.

"he was asked under what circumstances Red Bull may end its involvement in F1.
He replied: "The question is not so much whether it makes economic sense but the reasons would be to do with sportsmanship, political influence, and so on.
"In these issues there is a clear limit to what we can accept."
Mateschitz did not expand on his answer"
Right, unless they're allowed to cheat, he's going to pull them out. That's clearly an issue of sportsmanship.

Cam

beelsebob wrote: Right, unless they're allowed to cheat, he's going to pull them out. That's clearly an issue of sportsmanship.
Wow. For a smart man you have a really narrow view point sometimes.

Since entering the sport, Red Bull have arguably done more for F1 than the FIA, FOM and any other single team combined. They have entered and paid in full for 2 teams, hiring hundreds, if not thousands of staff and generating an economy within itself throughout suppliers and the families of employees. Have resurrected a disused track and brought a nation back into hosting an F1 round. They have dominated in an environment they have no business in - motorsport. Red Bull don't make cars, nor engines, yet here they are beating the best at their own game - this gives all us the hope that we too can win, against the odds. They have pushed the F1 brand far into new and younger audiences - spent god knows how much developing young drivers - and making them world champions.

Red Bull have never been found guilty of 'cheating', not once. How many other teams can claim the same?

They always played within the rules as they saw them - rules that are changed every year to stop them (not any other team, just them) from winning.

Yet all you all can do is pi55 on them from your towers.

I hope they do leave too. F1 doesn't deserve what they bring.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Cam wrote:
beelsebob wrote: Right, unless they're allowed to cheat, he's going to pull them out. That's clearly an issue of sportsmanship.
Wow. For a smart man you have a really narrow view point sometimes.

Since entering the sport, Red Bull have arguably done more for F1 than the FIA, FOM and any other single team combined. They have entered and paid in full for 2 teams, hiring hundreds, if not thousands of staff and generating an economy within itself throughout suppliers and the families of employees. Have resurrected a disused track and brought a nation back into hosting an F1 round. They have dominated in an environment they have no business in - motorsport. Red Bull don't make cars, nor engines, yet here they are beating the best at their own game - this gives all us the hope that we too can win, against the odds. They have pushed the F1 brand far into new and younger audiences - spent god knows how much developing young drivers - and making them world champions.
In other words, they've brought a lot of money with them. Yes, I'll give them credit for that.
Red Bull have never been found guilty of 'cheating', not once. How many other teams can claim the same?
Actually, they've been found guilty of cheating exactly once.

But have been the centre of numerous controversies, that have mysteriously been dealt with quietly, and behind the scenes. I'd bet heavily that that has a lot to do with bringing a lot of money with them.

To clarify. I'm not railing against RedBull here, I'm railing against idiotic threats to leave the sport as soon as you don't get your own way. Seriously, "wah wah wah, we're not winning any more, we're going to leave" is childish, and ridiculous. Grow a pair, man up, and build a better car, I'm sure your team is capable of it.

djos

This isnt the first time a big F1 Team has 'threatened to leave F1', Ferrari in particular have made these sort of noises more times than I can recall!
"In downforce we trust"

zeph
zeph

Problem is, it is not a hollow threat. I read elsewhere that RedBull is responsible for about 20% of funding in F1. That is a lot of money, which equates to a lot of political clout, which could explain why other controversies just kind of fizzled out.

10 years ago, it was Ferrari dictating the terms in F1. Now it is RedBull. I guess we'll find out just how powerful they are on April 14. If the decision is somehow reversed, well, that is all you need to know, really.

Cam

beelsebob wrote:To clarify. I'm not railing against RedBull here....
Really? Your own words suggest otherwise...
beelsebob wrote:Right, unless they're allowed to cheat, he's going to pull them out.
beelsebob wrote:But have been the centre of numerous controversies
Yes. Because they pushed the rules to very limits - and succeeded. If only Ferrari, Mclaren and co did the same, we wouldn't have to hobble the rules each year to slow one team down.
beelsebob wrote:Seriously, "wah wah wah, we're not winning any more, we're going to leave" is childish, and ridiculous.
• "Pirelli demands more testing by threatening to quit F1"
• "Mercedes AMG F1 Shareholders Threaten to Leave if Team is Punished"
• "Ferrari threatens to leave F1 in 2010"

So no comment when others do it? No new thread? It's only red Bull that are the 'child'?
beelsebob wrote:Grow a pair, man up, and build a better car, I'm sure your team is capable of it.
The same could be said for every team that can't hasn't won in the last 4 years....

Honestly - you are singling out one team - that's bais - and it's not becoming.

Every team plays this game, just as every team 'reads' the rules differently. To constantly pull one team over the coals for it, without showing everyone else - is just puerile.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

Richard
Richard

RedBull, Toys, Pram

Threads on this forum that descend to "cheating" always end up locked. It saves everyone the bother of saying "It's sooooo not fair that RB win , I'm going to tell mummy!"

IMHO A big beast in the jungle opened his mouth and let his belly rumble. It's what they do because that's how they became big beasts in the first place.

At least this big beast actually looks big, makes a change from the usual yapping terrier.