Alonso announces 2015 retirement!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zeph
zeph

Alonso announces 2015 retirement!

Wow, I did not see this coming:
Alonso to leave F1 after 2014 season

In a press release that has rocked the international auto press, Ferrari F1 driver Fernando Alonso has announced that he will stop racing after the 2014 season. 'I have given it much thought, and decided that -regardless of this season's outcome- the time has come to start a new chapter in my life. I have accomplished more than I ever dreamed off when I first started racing, and look back on my career with pride and no regrets.'
Alonso won the F1 Worldchampionship in 2005 and 2006, and has a total of 32 GP victories to date.
source: http://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/Alonso-si-ritira

Holm86

Re: Alonso announces 2015 retirement!

Pretty bad aprilsfool.

FoxHound

April fool! :lol:
JET set

xDama
xDama

I've heard a rumour this weekend that Kimi will join him in retirement and both of them are planning on joining the BBC F1-team.
"I race to win, and if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver." - Ayrton Senna

n_anirudh
n_anirudh

...and oh. there was one which said RBR would build their own engines...

WALL_ZACK
WALL_ZACK

xDama wrote:I've heard a rumour this weekend that Kimi will join him in retirement and both of them are planning on joining the BBC F1-team.
I also heard that Ferrari will retire from F1 & car manufacture and focus exclusively on theme parks and branded caps...

stefan_
stefan_

I knew that there is going to be someone who falls for the "news" that emerged today :D
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

MOWOG

I also heard that Ferrari will retire from F1 & car manufacture and focus exclusively on theme parks and branded caps...
Good one! :lol: =D>
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Jef Patat
Jef Patat

WALL_ZACK wrote:
xDama wrote:I've heard a rumour this weekend that Kimi will join him in retirement and both of them are planning on joining the BBC F1-team.
of which brand ?
:lol:

xpensive
xpensive

I hear that Montezuma will replace Domenicali with Flavio Briatore.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

FoxHound

xpensive wrote:I hear that Montezuma will replace Domenicali with Flavio Briatore.
I hear Norbert Haug is understood to be waiting in the wings(big bird that), in case Full "Flava" Flav is otherwise ensconced betwixt a bevy of beauties.
JET set

xpensive
xpensive

FoxHound wrote:
xpensive wrote:I hear that Montezuma will replace Domenicali with Flavio Briatore.
I hear Norbert Haug is understood to be waiting in the wings(big bird that), in case Full "Flava" Flav is otherwise ensconced betwixt a bevy of beauties.
I hear that Norby The Hutt was in the running but he failed the language-test, Montezuma has a pronounced Torino accent,
why The Hutt's google translate/Marlon Brando Italian didn't take him very far, but Flav's Verzuolo rap worked like a charm.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"