Domenicali Steps Down!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SiLo

Domenicali Steps Down!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/27023145

Domenicali steps down as Ferrari team principle.

Message to mods - move this thread as required, wasn't sure where to stick it.
Felipe Baby!

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Re: Domenicali Steps Down!

Had a feeling but never thought this would actually happen, and not so soon either.

j2004p
j2004p

Ross Brawn as new TP?

SiLo

j2004p wrote:Ross Brawn as new TP?
Imagine that! Wonder what he could bring in terms of knowledge of the Merc chassis and engine?
Felipe Baby!

WhiteBlue

The wrong man stepped down. The fish stinks from the head as they say. Another home grown talent will follow and surely also fail. They should sack Monte IMHO.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

heidenreich27
heidenreich27

They should fire pat fry with him. Then im happy

SiLo

WhiteBlue wrote:The wrong man stepped down. The fish stinks from the head as they say. Another home grown talent will follow and surely also fail. They should sack Monte IMHO.
Heads need to roll somewhere, not sure if the right one has and I'm with you that Monte should have gone instead.
Felipe Baby!

Rikhart
Rikhart

Years too late. Was never the right man for the job.

scottracing
scottracing

i cant see brawn coming back from his fishing trip, but who is out there that can do the job? Trouble is that ferrari expects and its going to be a major task to try and turn the car around this season.

lebesset
lebesset

scottracing wrote:i cant see brawn coming back from his fishing trip, but who is out there that can do the job? Trouble is that ferrari expects and its going to be a major task to try and turn the car around this season.
someone else already appointed .... what are his qualifications for the job except he is italian ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Rikhart
Rikhart

I think briatore would do wonders at ferrari.

elFranZ

New TP is Marco Mattiacci, CEO of Ferrari North America.

Ciro Pabón

Well, I do not like to intervene in this kind of situations, but even if I like Mr. Montezemolo less than the famous Viking Prostate Examination and accepting amply that he's as likable as any presumptuous aristocrat who has fought for little and has been given everything without any effort on his part, frankly Mr. Domenicali position was untenable.

Gazzeta dello Sport, as usual the source of this kind of news, explain it clearly:

"Domenicali, che era subentrato nel ruolo a Jean Todt a fine 2007, ha vinto al muretto il titolo costruttori del 2008, quello del Mondiale sfuggito a Felipe Massa all'ultima curva del GP del Brasile. E proprio quello dei Mondiali sfuggiti è un po' stato negli ultimi tempi un tema ricorrente: oltre a quello di Massa, il Mondiale è svanito all’ultima gara con Fernando Alonso al volante nel 2010 (forse la più dura da digerire, causata da una scelta tattica errata nel GP di Abu Dhabi ) e nel 2012. Sconfitte brucianti dopo le quali il Cavallino non è mai riuscito a cambiare marcia. Quest’anno il grande cambio regolamentare e l’acquisto di Kimi Raikkonen da affiancare ad Alonso aveva fatto sperare in una svolta tecnica e di risultati. Svolta che non c’è stata perché al pronti via del Mondiale la F14T si è rivelata profondamente in deficit di velocità rispetto alla concorrenza, Mercedes su tutti. Troppo per continuare così".

Translation: "only an imbecile would have coasted in 2008 and lost 2010 and 2012 championships as he did... after investing millions in Alonso and Raikonnen, we bet they, widely considered among the best drivers in the world, asked for a replacement more mentally agile and better suited to F1 racing as, for example, Sponge Bob Squarepants or Cinderella: they cannot do worse. Thanks for nothing, Stefano!".

Apologies if my Italian is a little rusty: sometimes I'm not sure how to translate a "fricative infundibular tense following a third-person corpuscular imprecation".

All I can say is that I've seen grown Italian men breaking in tears, hands trembling, just by mentioning the name "Jean Todt"...
Ciro

elFranZ

I think "a little rusty" is a bit optimistic, but well, at least you made another sad tifoso laugh :)

ecapox

some "artistic interpretation" there, but most wont know any different. :-)