Is this worth anything?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
QinetiQ
QinetiQ

Is this worth anything?

Hi gents,

Apologies if this is in the wrong section or if not allowed, I just had no idea where else to post it. I have a 2012 Mercedes F1 BBS wheel + Pirelli P-Zero tire that was given to me by my now ex-wife as a birthday present last year. Although an F1 fanatic I'm not too sure of the value of different F1 parts. Several years ago I bought Honda F1 wheel with a Bridgestone tire at a local auction and I didn't pay that much for it. About 650GBP if I remember correctly. Anyway, my question is; are the newer wheels and especially Pirelli P-Zero tires worth anything more? I'd like to get rid of all items given to me by the snake of a wife I used to have but I was wondering if value will increase over time or I can get rid of it now? Tire itself is brand new but there's some minor wear on the wheel here and there which leads to believe it has been race used.

Any input would be appreciated :)

flynfrog

Re: Is this worth anything?

completely worthless if you send it to me I would be happy to recycle it for you. Ill even cover shipping.

Looking at the bay id guess 650 wouldnt be that far out of line on price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/f1-wheel

QinetiQ
QinetiQ

Haha. Well if you're truly interested the Honda wheel can be yours for 550 :D As for the Merc one, I think I'll wait until I go to the Barcelona GP in a few months and get it signed by either Lewis or Nico (or both!) and then sell it. Might fetch premium

flynfrog

If you really don't care about it I wouldnt waste time on the autograph. Do you really want to drag it around all day at the track?