He would have been 86 today

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GitanesBlondes

He would have been 86 today

Since most people seem to think May in F1 is synonymous with Senna's death, I'd like to point out that May 19th was Colin Chapman's birthday.

He was the man and the perfect symbol of what F1 used to be about. Breaking boundaries and aiming for the stars was what we expected from the sport, and Colin delivered time and time again. It was about motor racing and pushing the limits instead of trying to create an artificial show that does nothing to promote the best F1 is capable of.

The Lotus 18, Lotus 25, Lotus 33, Lotus 49, Lotus 72B/C/D/E, the Lotus 78, and the Lotus 79...all among the greatest grand prix machines ever created. Who can forget his success at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway as well with the Lotus 29 and the Lotus 38.

"I don't want to make friends with anybody. I don't give a sh*t for fame. I just want to win." -Nelson Piquet

bhall
bhall

Re: He would have been 86 today

I genuinely can't think of anyone who left a bigger mark on the sport.

Sombrero
Sombrero

Re: He would have been 86 today

Yes, but don't forget the contribution of Len Terry, Maurice Philipe, Ralf Bellamy, Peter Wright, Martin Ogilvie and many others !