Will Hamilton quit Merc if he doesnt win WDC?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
gray41

Re: Will Hamilton quit Merc if he doesnt win WDC?

Stradivarius wrote:
MercedesAMGSpy wrote: At the end of the season it doesn't matter if he is closer or not, beaten is beaten. And Hamilton had some more convincing victories than Rosberg.
Does it matter at the end of the season, who had more convincing victories? As far as I am aware, the only thing that matters is the points. And currently Rosberg has 122 of them, to Hamilton's 118. Of course, Hamilton probably lost 18 or 25 points in Australia due to his DNF, and that is a fair point to make. But not because it matters at the end of the season why he lost those points.

I agree that Hamilton's victories in Malaysia and China were more convincing than Rosberg's victories. However, his victories in Bahrain and Barcelona were less convincing, in my opinion.
What was convincing in Rosbergs Victories?

Apart from beating Lewis who had 5 cylinders or preventing Hamilton the chance of pole due to a mistake in the latter stages of qualifying?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

SiLo

Yeah tbh Rosbergs victories have pretty much been handed to him. Australia because Lewis retired and Monaco... well qualifying. Although he did put in the better banker lap so I have to give it to him.
Felipe Baby!

PlatinumZealot

I am one of those who still think Rosberg deliberately caused the yellow flags... but I aint mad. Fair play to him. Well done. I think that sort of underhanded, maniacal thinking is something we haven't seen in a long time in Formula 1.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

SiLo wrote:Yeah tbh Rosbergs victories have pretty much been handed to him. Australia because Lewis retired and Monaco... well qualifying. Although he did put in the better banker lap so I have to give it to him.
Yes that's true, but a banker lap doesn't really show that he can outrace or outspeed hamilton for the long haul of the season.
I think i'm convinced that Hamilton will be champion this year as long as normal service resumes.
Monaco didn't require any ability for rosberg to stay ahead, and even when he was ahead Hamilton was hounding him, so i don't expect any rosberg surge beyond this point.
For Sure!!

ernos5

Well he said he would never leave Mclaren, but he did. I'd put money on him staying at least another year, but with Honda coming into Mclaren soon and Lewis' ties with Mclaren, that could possibly work again for him.

Cam

If Hamilton wins the WDC this year, he'll stay next year, then go to Ferrari. That's his best career option. Having a WDC with McLaren, Mercedes & Ferrari is how terms such as "great" get pinned. That's a pretty attractive goal.

If he fails this year (would be amazing) he'll have next year to try again before moving. Mercedes winning one WDC is not enough, when a drinks company can win 4 on the trot. Consecutive wins is the only way now to prove it wasn't a fluke of rule changes (pull a Brawn). With a new commitment from Petronas, it looks certain they're here few a few years yet.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

beelsebob
beelsebob

I don't believe that Hamilton will ever move to Ferrari. I could believe he'd move to RedBull at some point in his career, but I doubt he'd do that unless Merc looked like being knocked off their top spot.

MercedesAMGSpy

Lewis isn't a Ferrari man and it's just a myth that you have to drive for Ferrari. Coming back to McLaren isn't unrealistic, it all depends on how good McLaren/Mercedes perform.

iotar__

gray41 wrote: What was convincing in Rosbergs Victories?
Apart from beating Lewis who had 5 cylinders or preventing Hamilton the chance of pole due to a mistake in the latter stages of qualifying?
"Winning the race is the greatest thing, you are happy, but deep down inside I didn't have the pace today," said Hamilton.
"So we have to learn and find out why that was. A lot of the advantages I had in the last race, Nico found them when we came here. "He did better than me and I have to see if I can improve."
Not impressive enough for you? Barcelona - pretty much the same story. China - nothing impressive about beating team-mate with telemetry problems similarly to engine problems (point loss different of course but we're talking performance)? To summarize: one dominant, three close ones and two no contest.

Cam

beelsebob wrote:I don't believe that Hamilton will ever move to Ferrari. I could believe he'd move to RedBull at some point in his career, but I doubt he'd do that unless Merc looked like being knocked off their top spot.
Without intending to offend any Ferrai fans - when I look at what Ferrari say and do, I see a disconnect:
Domenicali 2011 wrote:First the drivers: “For the Ferrari of the future, I believe the right combination is to have one well established driver with great experience, alongside a talented youngster on the way up, ” Domenicali says on the Ferrari website.
Well, I see two mature aged drivers, one with maybe a year or two left in his career. So that's one sample of not practicing what you preach. With new management at Ferrari, they will be looking longer term and changing some of the 'ideals' that simply haven't work for them. A great young fast driver who can develop a car, long term, seems reasonable.

Hamilton has youth and a lot of talent. It'll either be Vettel or Hamilton they want. Vettel might go, but that will depend on who's at Red Bull. Hamilton doesn''t have those same team ties. Hamilton also has goals in-line with moving there - or any respected team. So I'm only pointing out what seems reasonable.
Asked in 2002 about the prospect of becoming one of the youngest ever Formula One drivers, Hamilton replied that his goal was "not to be the youngest in F1 ...[but] to be experienced and then show what I can do in F1
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

ringo

Yes i can see him at ferarri. It will be a iv shock to the world of f1 if he goes there (lets face it, a black driver in ferarri) but i think once they get used to him they can maybe get another championship after the schumacher era. I think their cars suit his driving style. If he gets a championship in 3 teams that would be a very great acheivement. He sould have nothing left to prove in f1.
For Sure!!

zeph
zeph

Y'all wrong.

A little birdie told me that Ford is planning to enter F1 in a big way, and that Lewis Hamilton is a part of that plan. To nudge him along they gave him this:

The hat, of course. 8)

mnmracer
mnmracer

ringo wrote:It will be a iv shock to the world of f1 if he goes there (lets face it, a black driver in ferarri)
what?

SiLo

zeph wrote:Y'all wrong.

A little birdie told me that Ford is planning to enter F1 in a big way, and that Lewis Hamilton is a part of that plan. To nudge him along they gave him this:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/05/ ... 34x638.jpg

The hat, of course. 8)
Guessing this is a joke?

He bought that himself after Carol Shelby told him to because it was the most original one he had seen in years.
Felipe Baby!

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

mnmracer wrote:
ringo wrote:It will be a iv shock to the world of f1 if he goes there (lets face it, a black driver in ferarri)
what?
Italy don't have the best track record for racism.