What is F1??? Past, Present and Future of a dying Sport.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sennaf1god.94

What is F1??? Past, Present and Future of a dying Sport.

F1 is about ultimate speed, not ultimate efficiency, thats LeMans Prototipe racing, where actually the same fuelflow sensor is mandatory under ACO-FIA ruling.

They are killing the sport and they keep asking themselves why...(TV viewer rates go down every week)

Physics is the only limit for F1, not rev limits, nor fuelflow limits, nor any crappy artificial limits.

F1 engines have to last a race, that´s what it is and what always has been.
F1 engines have to extract every single shiit of power out of every drop of gasoline letting them breath freely.
F1 engines have to rev as high as development lets them and make sound as loud as it can get.
F1 engines are road relevant when TECHNICAL COMPETITION is allowed instead of freezed.

If there has to be a L3 cylinder turbo with 1.0 littre to make F1 engines less gas dependent, and therefore more road relevant, then let it be.
If it has to be a yearly budget cap for engine development then it´ll up to the teams to decide where they can put their resources on.

But the concept of artificial limitation should be banned from the sport. It´s just anti-F1 and that´s what is actually killing this formerly great Sport.

The biggest prices in the Festival of Cannes were achieved by a Honda Power V10 engine from 1989...not a fcking V8 rev limited from 2012 or a 1.6 V6 fuelflow limited turbo from 2014... some illuminated heads should remember what F1actually is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeO2q8FzcnM[/youtube]
http://world.honda.com/news/2014/414062 ... ix-Cannes/

THEN THEY WOULD NOTICE THE FARCE IN WHICH THE SPORT IS SUNKED...

8)
Last edited by sennaf1god.94 on 29 Jun 2014, 18:14, edited 3 times in total.
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Lycoming

Re: What is F1??? Past, Present and Future od a dying Sport.

sennaf1god.94 wrote:F1 is about ultimate speed, not ultimate efficiency
sennaf1god.94 wrote: F1 engines have to extract every single --- of power out of every drop of gasoline letting them breath freely.
Isn't that contradictory?
sennaf1god.94 wrote:F1 engines have to last a race, that´s what it is and what always has been.
F1 engines have to rev as high as development lets them and make sound as loud as it can get.
sennaf1god.94 wrote:F1 engines are road relevant when TECHNICAL COMPETITION is allowed instead of freezed.
Again, isn't that contradictory?
sennaf1god.94 wrote:The biggest prices in the Festival of Cannes were achived by a Honda Power V10 engine from 1989..not a fcking V8 rev limited or 1.6 V6 fuelflow limited turbo... some illuminated heads should remeber what´s actually F1.
Are those "illuminated heads" also incapable of spelling correctly in an age where all browsers come with built-in spell checkers?

sennaf1god.94

Re: What is F1??? Past, Present and Future of a dying Sport.

I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

rayden

Amen.

Release the shackles ffs.

I want the magic back.

sennaf1god.94

Last edited by sennaf1god.94 on 27 Jun 2014, 05:04, edited 3 times in total.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Cam

+1 for that video. Awesome. I got a shiver down my back. God I miss that sound.
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

sennaf1god.94

Cam wrote: I got a shiver down my back.
This is F1.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Jersey Tom

F1 is competition for entertainment. I feel like that's an often-missed point. Never has been about R&D for road relevance and that sort of thing.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Cam

Jersey Tom wrote:F1 is competition for entertainment.
Can I get an Amen? Never a truer set of words stated =D>
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
― Socrates
Ignorance is a state of being uninformed. Ignorant describes a person in the state of being unaware
who deliberately ignores or disregards important information or facts. © all rights reserved.

rayden

This thread has hit me in the feels :(

Oh how I miss you F1

I will never stop watching though, it's like supporting your footy team innit, sitck with them through the good & the bad.

Vettel Maggot

Re: What is F1??? Past, Present and Future od a dying Sport.

Lycoming wrote: Are those "illuminated heads" also incapable of spelling correctly in an age where all browsers come with built-in spell checkers?
Are you serious? What if English is not this guy's first language? What if he just made a mistake? You must feel high and mighty. Bravo, bravo. =D>

sennaf1god - +1 for you, this is how I feel too. The sport is being slowly killed and it saddens me.

sennaf1god.94

Something must be quite wrong when current F1 drivers get so xcited about driving old F1 cars...

They look like young kids with new toys on Christmas day.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

sennaf1god.94

We miss you F1

When are you gonna be back???

:cry:

Ayrton Senna da Silva

Sombrero

Or, may be Past, Present and Future of a dying business ? Will the F-1 ends like the IndyCar series ?

Gaz.

Like many fans I wish F1 would be less restrictive however it is a sport where the competitors make most of the rules largely by a vote. Some votes may have a larger weighting than others and at times it can seem that this democratic voting is similar to three foxes and a chicken voting for what to have for lunch but the crux of the argument is that the participants are running it how they wish.

I think dying is more than a bit strong, and also depends on when your idea of the golden age was, for many it is different. At most it has the hiccups and I'm sure it'll drink some water upside down and shake them off. Compared to other motorsports F1 is peerless. NASCAR gets similar spectator attendance but not the global TV audience. Sports Car racing has had to reinvent itself several times with spectator audiences in European strongholds such as Silverstone (48,000 on Sunday 2014) that would have had the 'new' tracks such as Sepang exasperated (Sepang 2014 Sunday attendance 63,000). What will Silverstone have this Sunday? 120,000? 130,000? More? In the UK the TV audience for LM24 was measured in tens of thousands, not millions.

MotoGP is F1's closest rival and I'm sure they'd love to have F1's problems instead of their own. UK TV audience is a fraction of F1 (similar to WEC) and a domination by one kid that makes F1 look quite close in comparison.

If someone wants to race 3.5 litre disposable V12's with huge sticky tyres then I;ll certainly tune in when they organise themselves into a world series but until then I'll be one of the many millions that tune in 19 weekends a year.
Forza Jules