Ferrari Pulling out of F1 in 2014. LMP1 on the works!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
mep

Re: Ferrari Pulling out of F1 in 2014. LMP1 on the works!

sennaf1god.94 wrote:
Same chap, different aesthetics...
Yes but 20 years of aero and software development in between. Your comparison is invalid.
Last edited by mep on 28 Jun 2014, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

gridwalker
gridwalker

All of those cars had rule constraints, just some more than others.

I have seen the artwork from the OP on other sites, described as an independent design exercise with nothing to do with Ferrari.

Another dull post full of between-race-filler on F1T. Nothing to see here.
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

Tim.Wright

Aesthetics are an output mate, not an input.

You have however confirmed my belief that its not possible to have a sensible technical discussion with anyone who has a driver in their avatar. I think I will leave it at that.
Not the engineer at Force India

sennaf1god.94

Tim.Wright wrote:How you have extrapolated that into "Ferrari are leaving F1 in 2014" is beyond any rational thought.
So you think it wasn´t rational that VAG, Toyota, BMW, PSA, Ford, Honda all wanted to stay away from the F1 Farce Racing...

:roll:

When Honda will repeat the very same errors to fail again (only RedBull can save them from misery) and Renault is actually thinking about packing their costly merde out...

:wink:

Ferrari is in a difficult position because they are realizing they don´t belong to F1, while tradition mandates them to compete in F1 they feel treated unfairly (meaning equally), so they will look at another tradition that mandates them winning LeMans...

I just can´t see any irational thought anywhere.

=D>
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

sennaf1god.94

Tim.Wright wrote:Aesthetics are an output mate, not an input..
You finally noticed it...

An output that is naturally and intrinsically inherent of an efficient design. (racecar or whatelse)

Ruling is the stick in the wheels of designers, to turn their work inefficient/horrendous. Newey usually is the best, others...:

Stop crying.
I don't know driving in another way which isn't risky. Each one has to improve himself. Each driver has its limit. My limit is a little bit further than other's.

Ayrton Senna da Silva

wesley123
wesley123

sennaf1god.94 wrote:
Tim.Wright wrote:How you have extrapolated that into "Ferrari are leaving F1 in 2014" is beyond any rational thought.
So you think it wasn´t rational that VAG, Toyota, BMW, PSA, Ford, Honda all wanted to stay away from the F1 Farce Racing...

:roll:

When Honda will repeat the very same errors to fail again (only RedBull can save them from misery) and Renault is actually thinking about packing their costly merde out...

Ferrari is in a difficult position because they are realizing they don´t belong to F1, while tradition mandates them to compete in F1 they feel treated unfairly (meaning equally), so they will look at another tradition that mandates them winning LeMans...

I just can´t see any irational thought anywhere.

=D>
What does any of that have got to do with you blowing a design(Which is a photoshopped R18 + LaFerrari, by the way) that was shown for a brief moment to Di Montezemelo out of proportions?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

SectorOne

sennaf1god.94 wrote:Actually the Ferrari PU was conceived for tripple use since the very begginning of its development: F1, LMP1 and road legal versions:
Then you don´t mind showing any official papers from Ferrari with that information in it?

sennaf1god.94 wrote:Guess what´s doing inside a LaFerrari istead of a A1GP Ferrari built cockpit???
Why mess around with a A1GP car when you have to build LaFerrari XX-cars and can just use one of those instead?
Be afraid. Ferrari is working on the most extreme production-derived car in its history: a hardcore, track-spec version of the heart-poundingly fast LaFerrari, dubbed the ‘XX'.

And Top Gear can exclusively reveal that the company has been working on a Formula One-derived V6 turbo hybrid powertrain for the car.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/the- ... 2014-04-29
I think it´s safe to say that the mule we saw was not only a testbed for the F1 engine but also for the XX.
Not three birds with one stone, but two.
sennaf1god.94 wrote:It´s a baseline render
No you know what it is? It´s a shitty photoshop-job where half the car you see is actually the Audi R18.
(take a good look at the rear wheel arches in the first image, see if you recognize them)

Want to know what a good photoshop looks like?

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

sennaf1god.94

SectorOne wrote: Why mess around with a A1GP car when you have to build LaFerrari XX-cars and can just use one of those instead?
This guy agreeing with me... but says it in way like if it was otherwise.

Let´s count: F1+LMP1+FXX= 1+1+1=3

Three birds one stone.

#-o

Ayrton Senna da Silva

siskue2005

:lol: :lol:

SectorOne

sennaf1god.94 wrote:This guy agreeing with me... but says it in way like if it was otherwise.
Ok i see now... You´re a troll.

Why is this thread even up? It´s obviously just a load of bull presented as facts.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Lycoming
Lycoming

Tim.Wright wrote:You have however confirmed my belief that its not possible to have a sensible technical discussion with anyone who has a driver in their avatar. I think I will leave it at that.
Shall I change my avatar to a picture of Niko Hulkenberg's face photoshopped onto the body of the incredible hulk just to screw with that perception?

sennaf1god.94

wesley123 wrote:What does any of that have got to do with you blowing a design(Which is a photoshopped R18 + LaFerrari, by the way) that was shown for a brief moment to Di Montezemelo out of proportions?
If any of you were intelligent enough, would understand by now that I´m somewhat campaigning for a change in favour of Fuelflow limits ban.

Because I do care about F1 I want this farce destroyed, and a new beggining. So I endorsed a campaign that includes showing the pros of traditional F1 racing against current´s. While also trying to atrack backers to the Ferrari Pulling F1 threat... while distorting a little bit the facts to comply with my masterpiece vision.

I know it´s a photoshop by a student, so does Monte, but the issue is that Ferrari needs our true help to xcape from the F1 Farce.

So let´s save F1!!! Let´s save Ferrari!!!

:twisted:

Ayrton Senna da Silva

sennaf1god.94

SectorOne wrote:
sennaf1god.94 wrote:This guy agreeing with me... but says it in way like if it was otherwise.
Ok i see now... You´re a troll.

Why is this thread even up? It´s obviously just a load of bull presented as facts.
Just to kill the boring until next race...as someone intelligently pointed out.

What´s wrong with it?

The general chat is so empty, I had to do something about it...

Ayrton Senna da Silva

sennaf1god.94

Lycoming wrote:
Tim.Wright wrote:You have however confirmed my belief that its not possible to have a sensible technical discussion with anyone who has a driver in their avatar. I think I will leave it at that.
Shall I change my avatar to a picture of Niko Hulkenberg's face photoshopped onto the body of the incredible hulk just to screw with that perception?
Nope, but you reminded me of this:

Bottas-Hulkkenberg was the perfect pair at Williams, why they sacked the Hulk is the biggest mistery in F1 ever.

#-o

Ayrton Senna da Silva

SectorOne

sennaf1god.94 wrote:Just to kill the boring until next race...as someone intelligently pointed out.

What´s wrong with it?

The general chat is so empty, I had to do something about it...

Which reminds me of someone who made a claim saying the Mercedes had no 8th gear and made a whole f´n show about it like you are now.

That guy got banned so i´m not so sure this was the ideal way to make things less boring in General Chat.