Canadian Tire Motorsport Park

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Moxie
Moxie

Canadian Tire Motorsport Park

So I have taken the advice offered in a previous thread and have made arrangements to attend the Tudor Sports Car race in Toronto. I have searched the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park website and have been unable to find a list of rules. Specifically, do they allow "Sportbrella's?" (A large umbrella that sits on its side so that it resembles an open faced tent). If so, can anyone suggest the best corner to set mine up?

bdr529

Re: Canadian Tire Motorsport Park

Yes you can use your big unbrella I'v seen them there before
As for a good spot to set up, I like the area between turn 3-4 on the outside, from there its just a short walk down to Moss or you could go the other way and up to the top of turn 2, great spots to take photos
Moss corner 2007
corner 2 2004
But realy theres not a bad spot at Mosport to watch a race from

MOWOG

If the Canadian Grand Prix was moved to Mosport I would go every year. I will never attend another race in Montreal. AWFUL place to watch a race. :x
Some men go crazy; some men go slow. Some men go just where they want; some men never go.

Lycoming
Lycoming

Big umbrellas are fine.

Turn 3 is a good place to be if you want to see some wrecks. It still lacks paved runoff on the exit; if you get your wheels out an inch too far onto the grass, the car just pulls straight into a tire wall. Last year there were no less than half a dozen crashes there over the course of the weekend. I know a lot of people hate paved runoff, so if you're one of those people, turn 3 is the last haven left for you on the circuit. Though its possible that it's been paved over since I was there last year.

I personally like the hill on the infield between turn 2 and 3. It's kinda steep, so a bit tough to set up chairs or anything, but it's doable and you can see all of turn 2 and turn 3 up to the apex from there.

Moss corner is also a fantastic spot, but be aware that it's a very steep uphill walk to get to the part overlooking it. It's quite a lot steeper than the photos would suggest.

Also, don't be an idiot like me and skip the gridwalk (I didn't know they had one o.O).

Will you be camping at the circuit?

Moxie
Moxie

I will not be camping at the circuit, I will be staying in downtown Toronto. Call me a sissy, but in my middle age I am fine with spending the day in the heat and sun, but when it's time to sleep, I am all about the AC. I get into Toronto by train at 1pm, and I hope after renting the car and checking into the hotel I will have time to make it to Tudor qualifying at 5pm. I will scope out the spots you guys mention and on Sunday morning I'll be ready to set up umbrella in a prime spot. If a few of you are going to be there I don't mind buying a round of beer between events.

Sombrero
Sombrero