2014 in graphs

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
SectorOne

2014 in graphs

Late into the season but what the hell, let´s get on with it.
As usual, right click view for 1080p width.

World Driver´s Championship

World Constructor´s Championship

Wins

Poles

Fastest Laps

Qualifying Battle
Last edited by SectorOne on 29 Jul 2014, 12:24, edited 2 times in total.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

zenji

Re: 2014 in graphs

All that's missing is a belching competition and a keg, do they do that in f1?

SectorOne

Updated after German GP.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

SectorOne

Updated after Hungarian GP.

SectorOne

Singapore update,

World Driver´s Championship

World Constructor´s Championship

Wins

Poles

Fastest Laps

Qualifying Battle

Mercedes vs Ultimate Pace
Last edited by SectorOne on 22 Sep 2014, 20:32, edited 2 times in total.

i70q7m7ghw

Great work. Interesting thing I heard was that if Hamilton won every race between now and Abu Dhabi, with Rosberg second, Rosberg could still win the championship by winning in Abu Dhabi because of the double points.

Crazy really, because a few years ago Bernie was complaining that it wasn't right the driver who won the most races hadn't won the championship, but it seems double points has made that inevitable, Hamilton/Rosberg would be 10-5 on wins in that situation.

Phil

Correct, Rosberg needs 14 points over Hamilton and with that, 2nd would be enough in every other remaining race. That can be either 2 wins or a win at Abu Dhabi. Still the likelyhood of Mercedes finishing perfect 1 & 2 in every race for the remainder of the season is pretty slim IMO...
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

SectorOne

Mercedes will most likely have another DNF in a crucial moment as a race or qualifying.
They basically dodged a bullet each in Monza practice.

If Hamilton gets it the championship will be decided right then and there and if Rosberg gets it he´s still comfortably within striking range to turn the tables.

SectorOne

Was a bit bored so i made this. An artistic illustration to all the DNF´s we´ve had this year.
If you are confused by it let me know :)

As you can see, bottom teams experiencing loads of DNF´s but what´s more interesting is that the mid-fielders seems to have a slightly easier run with reliability then the front running teams.

two dots vertically represents one team, so if you start counting Mercedes above they have the first two rows and you can see for example Rosberg´s failure in singapore or all the way to the left, Hamilton´s DNF.

Also the vertical stripe in the middle is Canada, an F1 killer.

sectionate

To me, that makes no sense and just looks like a DNA sample :wtf:

SectorOne

sectionate wrote:To me, that makes no sense and just looks like a DNA sample :wtf:
horizontally is racing venues. Australia to Singapore
Vertically is constructor team position.

If you just focus on Mercedes (the two highest rows, Ros and Ham) you can see Hamilton´s first DNF to the left, then Hamilton´s DNF in Canada, then Rosberg in Britain, then Hamilton in Belgium and finally Rosberg in Singapore.

sectionate

Ah, I get it now. Little confusing at first, but I see it

SectorOne

Job done :)

Crazy the amount of DNF´s the bottom teams have had. Not the best thing when you´re already in financial trouble.

mrluke

Guessing that the midfield teams have gone conservative which has given them good reliability but not brilliant performance whereas the top teams have been riskier and so far it is paying off.

SectorOne

Could be yes,

-
Updated the graphs for Singapore. Also added an ultimate pace graph comparing Mercedes to maximum available points.